Working with 100+ Variants and Shopify POS

1 0 0

Hi Gurus!

I have recently run into an issue, not only with the 100+ variant limitation, but now the app I have found [bold product options] to fix this problem will not integrate well across our Shopify POS system as it requires me to delete all the variants from the product in Shopify, therefore I would have to create duplicate products for the POS system, so messy! 

Any advice on developer solutions here or an app that doesn't make you delete all shopify product variants? 

P.S: Shopify - Please change this asap, it will most likely mean we eventually re invest in another platform due to the limitations we are experiencing.

Thanks 

Jen 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi we are experiencing the same issue - is there a fix around this? The limit of three different product types is also a big inconvenience 

Hayden Perham

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 1

We are also in the same boat, anyone have any insight on how to fix this?

0 Likes
4 0 0
Hi there
We used an app called Connected Inventory - Simple sync inventory of
multiple products

to fix our issue
0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 1

Unfortunately I don't think that will work for us.  We have multiple product options set up through bold for customization of each product.  When using POS the product options do not come over.   

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi we did also - we had to change the whole system on our store to be able
to use this app, as unfortunately we couldn't find anything to work with
infinite options / bold options and track inventory
0 Likes
Explorer
64 0 22

Hi @HaydPerham @Jlook 

I'd love to see if Trunk could be a right fit for what you both are looking to do. Trunk can do bundles/kitting as well being able to sync inventory between variants. It should work with Shopify POS since the app doesn't live within Shopify. Everything goes by SKU.

However, I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly what you guys are trying to do. Do you mind going more into detail? I'd love to support your use-case if Trunk doesn't already do this. Thanks!

https://trunkinventory.com

⚡Sync inventory + bundles/kitting in real-time between Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Faire, Squarespace, Square with Trunk @ trunkinventory.com
0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 1

Sorry don't think that is what we are looking for.  We have products that you pick custom monograms etc for.  Bold has those options set as a variant (not affecting inventory)to be able to choose those options for a product, such as font, initials, thread color etc.... In shopify POS all those options are gone so when someone does an order in person I am unable to put that information in the item.  Very frustrating. 

0 Likes