Why isn't my second modal covering all elements despite high z-index?

Valery_Nguyen
Excursionist
25 0 7

Hi there,

I've implemented 2 modals on my site.  The first modal,  I did a contact button on the Nav bar, which is working perfectly. The modal covers everything and you cannot click on the nav bar.  This is exactly what I want.

Then my second modal is what I'm having trouble with.  It's on my cart page where the user click to view a modal of information. However, with this modal open, can still hover and click on all elements on the nav bar.  I did set it with a very high z-index just like the first modal...but it's not working. Can anyone help?

Below are screenshots of both modal (one working properly and the other isn't working).  If you want to see the site, the non-working modal is here on the cart page if you click on the "time" right above the check out button (https://shopbarkrangers.com/cart)

Thank you so much! 

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 3.49.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-23 at 3.51.04 PM.png

Replies 3 (3)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

@Valery_Nguyen 

It can be done by doing some code customization. please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

Hi @Valery_Nguyen

Please place this code at the end of the "theme.scss" to solve your problem.

.template-cart .page-container {

z-index: 15;

}

Screenshot to refer: https://prnt.sc/11y8oo4

Hope this helps.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify
Valery_Nguyen
Excursionist
25 0 7

@LitExtension 

Thank you! I've tried that before, but then the nav-bar doesn't work after the modal is closed. 😞