Zoom functionality - reduce zoom effect

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi everyone!

We are building a new online store for a jewelry and are using Debut theme.

We have inabled the zoom functionality on product page - as details are key element on jewelry - but would like to reduce the % of zoom. With the out-of-the-box functionality the image is enlarged quite a lot and becomes blurry (even with high definition images). Is there a way to reduce the % of zoom?

We are not expert on liqui language, so if you can provide a detailed step by step guideline that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Connie

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

The zoom should not be blurry because Shopify doesn't scale images up beyond their original dimensions. Images can only be blurry if your original images are blurry or if somehow there is some code that is scaling them up.

What's the URL of the page where the zoom can be seen?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your answer. 

Sorry i think that i didn't explaned properly what i was looking for, what we need is to reduce the zoom functionality, making an example if now it's 300% we need to take it at 200%.

It's that a way to do it?

Thanks 

Connie

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Anything more than 100% will give you a blurred image. That is, 100% of the original image you uploaded to Shopify.

Your original images should be about 2500px width to be big and high quality. If you uploaded small images e.g. 800px width, then you won't get a quality zoom.

Shopify generates a set of images at different sizes, based on your master. You can choose which one of those images to show as the zoomed image.

0 Likes