add a create account button at checkout

Tourist
14 0 3

i have login / creat account setup on my page but I would like to add a checkbox that is at the bottom of the checkout page  after the user has entered all their info they check it then can set a password/user name. is there a way to do this? 

i'm on brooklyn theme 

thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
444 18 61

Hi, there

Elle here from Shopify. 

I'm afraid you won't be able to edit the checkout to this extent, as it's highly secure; however, I do have a workaround for you. 

First and foremost you'll need to ensure that accounts are set to optional under Settings > Checkout. This will ensure the following option appears on the first part of the checkout:

"Log in" will redirect customers to a page where they can either log in, continue as a guest, or create a new account. 

You can modify the language of this phrase within the Language editor (Online store > Themes > Edit language) Search for "Already have an account" and you'll see the option below to change the wording: 

Hope this is helpful! :) 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 1

This was so helpful.  Looked all over the code for those variables!  However, the LOGIN link does not take you to the page that has the option to SET UP A NEW ACCOUNT, only login or continue as a guest.  Can I redirect that somewhere?  

1 Like
1 0 1

Hi

I have the same problem ... there is no SET UP A NEW ACCOUNT option 

How do I add a link to create a new account ?

Thanks

Peter

Charming and Trendy Ltd

1 Like
1 0 0
I’m having the same issue, has anyone managed to find a resolution for this?
0 Likes