add gender in registration form

Solved
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi i want to create a " Select Gender " in my registration form .

I tried the forms , but the data did not enter into my shopify customer link . 

Can anyone guide me on my error message ? i need help and guide thanks

Script : 

<label for="gender" class="label--hidden">{{ 'customer.register.gender' | t }}</label>
    <input type="radio" id="gender" value="male" placeholder="{{ 'customer.register.gender' | t }}" {% if form.male %}value="{{ form.male }}"{% endif %}> Male
    <input type="radio" id="gender" value="female" placeholder="{{ 'customer.register.gender' | t }}" {% if form.female %}value="{{ form.female }}"{% endif %}> Female<br><br><br>
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Expert
2 1 0

Hi there,

I see your forgot add "name" attribute to HTML code. 

This should be correct:

<label for="gender" class="label--hidden">{{ 'customer.register.gender' | t }}</label>
    <input name="customer[note][gender]" type="radio" id="gender" value="male" placeholder="{{ 'customer.register.gender' | t }}"> Male
    <input  name="customer[note][gender]" type="radio" id="gender" value="female" placeholder="{{ 'customer.register.gender' | t }}"> Female<br><br><br>

Good luck :)

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2

Looks great ! It works well.

Thanks !

@globosoftware wrote:

Hi there,

I see your forgot add "name" attribute to HTML code. 

This should be correct:

<input name="customer[note][gender]" type="radio" id="gender" value="male" placeholder="{{ 'customer.register.gender' | t }}"> Male
    <input  name="customer[note][gender]" type="radio" id="gender" value="female" placeholder="{{ 'customer.register.gender' | t }}"> Female<br><br><br>

Good luck :)

1 Like
4 0 0

I need to fetch the customer note that has saved in  my liquid file later to display the details. Please let me know is it possible

0 Likes

@daliya @Ada_lin 

Both of these problems are solved with the "Customer Fields" app. It's really easy to use, no code required.

Simply add a radio button field for gender and a date picker field for birthday and you're all set.

Michael | Business Development @ Helium
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
- User friendly apps with top-rated US-based support
Customer Fields App (since 2015)
Meteor Mega Menu App (since 2014)
0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 0

Are there alternatives to this app - I would like to collect additional details at checkout (ex. instructions for the vendor) rather then at the account registration stage.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hey @kuchak 

There are several ways to do that. It actually might be possible using Customer Fields... I know some of our Customers use our forms to add details to the Customer 'notes' section which is visible on orders.

But it sounds like you actually want to add to 'cart attributes.' This Shopify article about Cart attributes may be helpful?

0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 0

Thanks for your reply Micheal - actually for my purposes I removed the cart function since I'd like to restrict one order at a time.  Is there still a way to add these fields when exclusively using the dynamic buy it now button?

0 Likes

Hey @kuchak!

Unless you’re on Shopify plus there really isn’t an easy way to add extra fields/forms to the store’s checkout process. Your goals can certainly be accomplished using our Customer Fields app, but you’d have to make some small adjustments to your desired flow. 

Since it sounds like you’re skipping the cart page altogether and sending customers directly to checkout using the ‘Buy it now’ button, we suggest embedding a form on the product detail page (in replace of the buy it now button). There is a setting in the app’s form builder that allows you to control the form’s redirect URL, and with the use of permalinks you can easily pre-load the cart and send customers directly to checkout. This means that once the customer fills out the form’s fields and clicks the submit button, they would be sent directly to checkout so they can complete the purchase process. It’s important to note that our app is tightly integrated with Shopify and it has the power to create customer accounts, so all of the standard field data collected by the form can be shown on the checkout page (thus making it easier for the customer to complete the purchase since they wouldn’t have to fill out the same fields twice). You can also control the label for the form’s submit button to read as “Buy it now” if you’d like.

If you’re interested in giving this a try, feel free to install the app on your store (we offer a 14-day free trial)! You can test out this concept on an unpublished theme first without interrupting your live store. Our support team is available via in-app chat and email in case you have questions or need assistance :)

0 Likes