add new field to product page

Highlighted
Pathfinder
120 6 9

hey guys , i would like to add a new field here in product page in the admin dashboard 

how can i make it ? 

i want it to be stable i mean each new product will have the same new field here but the content of the field is changed of course for example like uploading a picture and calling it in codes the calling code is easy but how to make the field is what i would like to know ?

product page.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 26 75

Hey, there.

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

I'm afraid we cannot add or remove any field within the admin. The admin section is locked into Shopify's core code and cannot be changed. You can edit the HTML/CCS of the product page in the theme.liquid section. Here, you can create an alternate template which you can switch between as you wish. So you can create an alternate template with the extra information coded in, then you can go back to the product in the admin and select the alternate template. This will then show the changes on your product page on the live store. There is a guide here on how to create an alternate template.

Can I ask what kind of additional information you would like to add? Just so I have some extra context on how to help out here!

Speak soon :)

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
120 6 9

Hello @Ava  thank you for your replay

i'm making a size chart system as i really don't like using apps for such a small thing 

so i got very much charts for each product i got a chart so i really need to do this i have more than 600 product i can do it but i want to have a new feild so whats your ideas dear @Ava  ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 4

I have my size charts added through the use of adding Tabs, I am having the issue of shrinking the charts down to size when viewing on mobile devices. So be sure to test it out. But once I figure out how to code it to shrink based on screen size I'll be good. I'm using a chart and I think once I convert it into picture form it'll size well.

Also, if you go this route it automatically shows without you having to manually press something since you have 600 products, but you can also code it to only show when "size" is a variant. I have a clothing store so sizes are in 99% of all products. I can't help with the code to put, but I used the shopify theme "how to" code and worked on it from there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
120 6 9

actually i have fixed this issue and made a very beautiful system that is very easy to use 

before i was making it into a modal box working with tags but this will make a lot of pages load  in the product page that will make product page load slow

now i fixed this with a very new system very easy to setup also it has size converter like CM to Inch and it can be used by tables and text or pictures so happy with it actually 

by the way my problem is not just 5 charts each product have one diffrent chart so that mean 600 chart for 600 product inch picture or table an CM picture or table that mean 1200 chart :'D 

by the way about your size problem i would like to see if you still have this problem maybe i can find a good solution

@ChelsChels 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 26 75

Glad to see you've found a workaround Emir!

For tabbed descriptions, I was going to suggest an app like any of these or a size chart app like this. But I'm glad to see you've found a workaround without using an app if that's what you preferred!

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 4

Yes Emir, 

If you can help me that'd be great because I was worried about how I should go about the in/cm conversion. If you want to see what I have so far https://ceceandjax.com/collections/all code-falala

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
120 6 9

well i was thinking for a solution like this one 

it will be like this in phone view 

in desktop it will be same width of page width mean not just like its now like a half quarter it will be like your complete the look section width , the whole taps not only the chart

what do you think?

@ChelsChels a.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 4

Yes, on my iphone 7+ it's viewed that way but I checked on a smaller screen and it cuts the last row off. I can modify it where all charts viewed are smaller but it will change on desktops as well. Will your method work on small phones like the size of an iphone 4? If so I'm willing to try because I know a lot of people still use small screens.

I'm trying my best to limit apps since they can slow down the site but im on the fence about getting one because I want ease of use for people to be able to find their correct sizes. I only sell to the US but I still would like the option for cm too but as you know that all wont fit and I don't want any more tabs.

Do you possibly know a code to make a page pop up as a new window? If so that could work and I could program the size chart as a pop up instead, my main worry is them leaving their current item and having to constantly go back to find the item again. 

By the way thanks a lot for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
120 6 9

sorry for late i don't go to community very lot since i'm busy with designing

can you PM me on facebook and remind me i will send you a solution and you try it 

FB : Emir Eldoadoa

@ChelsChels 

0 Likes