add new field to product page

Highlighted
2 0 0

We would like to have more fields adding a product to shpoify , we want those fields to be global for all products add as in "add new product " a sort of listing builder . Those fields are thinks like like MPN , item condition , Model, etc . Just more input fields to collect data related to product specs . any suggestions  from you? how it can be done or what kind of an app to look for ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
552 29 81

Hi, @rental-hq!

Would you want these fields added in the admin section when creating a product? If so, I'm afraid that would not be possible. The admin is part of Shopify's core coding structure, and cannot be edited in any way. Can I ask what your end goal is for your product page? Just so I can gather some context on how to get you there! 

Speak soon!

Ava

Social Care

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Shopify "create product page" doesn't have some needed fields , the most important ones are (Item Condition) (Model Name ) (MPN) . I understand that shopify assumes that everyone is a drop shipping seller which is not true , we hold our own inventory of 1000's of items. 
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
552 29 81

Hi, @rental-hq!

Thanks for the context! I can understand the need for those fields for your business. Would it be possible to add that information to a table or tabbed description in the product description box? There are several apps here that will allow you to have more creative control over the tabs if you did not want to add the table with the rich text editor on the product page.

Did you want these fields to be in the product section here along with the other descriptors here?

21-13-n6uyy-8pm80

If so, would the benefit here be that you can update and import products in bulk via CSV file? Just so I have some extra context on how to help!

Ava

Social Care

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes