add product reviews and add videos in the product pages in the boundless theme

Solved
anthony67
Tourist
13 0 2

Hello, i tried to find how to add product reviews and add videos in the product pages in the boundless theme,

but i dont find how to make them,

i need to add them to the boundless theme, because i dont find them just by using "normally" the boundless theme,

i need the product reviews to be over the footer menu like they are often on other websites,

and for the videos i need them to show the product in the page of the product, to increase the conversion rate.

Can you help me please ?

0 Likes
FOOBAR
Excursionist
33 4 4

Hey Anthony!

Did not quite understand. You basically want to add a review widget which allows your awesome customers to leave video/picture reviews?

Senior developer
Been on Shopify since 2011
0 Likes
anthony67
Tourist
13 0 2

i need to be able to put videos in the product page to show the product to the customers,

and yes like you said i need my customers to be able to leave reviews, preferably with pictures,

what do you mean by senior developer ?

0 Likes
FOOBAR
Excursionist
33 4 4

Let's start with video on product page. To add a video on the product page click on the video button as shown below.

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 03.25.28.png

For customer reviews I recommend Shopify's own review application, it does not allow your customers to add pictures by default, but it is completely free and super simple to use.

https://apps.shopify.com/product-reviews

If you would like to have picture reviews and you are willing to spend a few bucks, I would use https://apps.shopify.com/loox 

I am a senior developer, which in short means I have lot of development experience

Senior developer
anthony67
Tourist
13 0 2

the customer reviews is working, thank you, but when i paste the video link, it doesn't work,

i see the link start with "<iframe …", but i dont know how to use this :

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
anthony67
Tourist
13 0 2

the link is now working, but it shows only the link on the product page, the customers will like to see the video on the product page, is there a way to do this ?

Capture2.PNG

0 Likes
FOOBAR
Excursionist
33 4 4

This is an accepted solution.

Hey again Anthony! 

Sorry, did not have the possibility to answer you before now. Had a lot of work recently. You can simply paste the code below in the box that shows after clicking insert video. This will show the video you linked. I have also made it so Youtube does not store information about your client unless they play they video. So it is privacy enhanced.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/WsX2Lf8LtEc?controls=0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Senior developer
anthony67
Tourist
13 0 2

its working, thank you

The-Stockists
2 0 0

Hi

I saw a reply to make videos work in the boundless theme and I am trying to do same in testament theme. But, this is  a video I have made so how do I install using the video option on the product page. ? 

regards rosie

0 Likes
FOOBAR
Excursionist
33 4 4

Sorry, mind rephrasing this, did not quite understand the question 

Senior developer
0 Likes