add slideshow to a page

Highlighted
Excursionist
19 3 1

your solution works great for one page. If I try to create another page (or even another page template no 2) on every page I get the same slideshow (with the same slides, if I edit one of them, all are affected!).

@Philip_K wrote:

@MMATopSupplies

This thread is well over a year old and the information found in old threads can be outdated. I recommend reaching out to Shopify support for the most up to date information.

Anyways, this is very achievable without apps by using our sectioned themes. Please note, my explanation below is for Shopify built themes that use sections and have a slider. You can learn more about theme sections HERE.

1. In your admin, go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > and click 'Edit Code'

2. Under templates in the left side bar, click 'Add a new template'

3. A pop up will appear, choose 'page' and call it whatever you want. Here is an example of mine. I called it slideshow for easy referencing. 

4. A new file will appear. Add this small line of code below whereever you want the slide show to appear: 

{% section 'slideshow' %}

I wanted mine to appear underneath the title of the page and above the description. You can see what this looks like HERE.

5. Now go to the page (or create a page) where you want the slideshow to appear on and replace the template with the new one you've created. Click Online Store > Pages > Pick your page > on the right under template, pick the new template. In my case it is 'page.slideshow'. HERE is a screenshot of what this looks like

You can watch a quick video of the slideshow in action on my test site HERE. Hope this helps.

@Philip_K wrote:

@MMATopSupplies

This thread is well over a year old and the information found in old threads can be outdated. I recommend reaching out to Shopify support for the most up to date information.

Anyways, this is very achievable without apps by using our sectioned themes. Please note, my explanation below is for Shopify built themes that use sections and have a slider. You can learn more about theme sections HERE.

1. In your admin, go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > and click 'Edit Code'

2. Under templates in the left side bar, click 'Add a new template'

3. A pop up will appear, choose 'page' and call it whatever you want. Here is an example of mine. I called it slideshow for easy referencing. 

4. A new file will appear. Add this small line of code below whereever you want the slide show to appear: 

{% section 'slideshow' %}

I wanted mine to appear underneath the title of the page and above the description. You can see what this looks like HERE.

5. Now go to the page (or create a page) where you want the slideshow to appear on and replace the template with the new one you've created. Click Online Store > Pages > Pick your page > on the right under template, pick the new template. In my case it is 'page.slideshow'. HERE is a screenshot of what this looks like

You can watch a quick video of the slideshow in action on my test site HERE. Hope this helps.

Is it possible to get a two (or more) different slideshows for pages? I am working on Debut

1 Like
1 0 0

@Phillip_K I'm having the same problem! Any chance of an assist? I'm guessing it's got something to do with the template file? 

Would also be good to know how to change the ratio/dimensions of the slideshow. It currently looks oddly squared.

0 Likes