add to cart button + qty on my products page

Solved
KarenWoods
Tourist
16 0 1

I have an add to cart with qty on my product page . Once I add to cart it directs me to cart. I want to stay on product page? Any ideas welcome Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 00.40.54.png

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
394 43 100

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @KarenWoods!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

It looks like in your screenshot you want to keep the customer on the collections page with the list of the products. There's a way to do this on Shopify's free themes. The Product pages - Stay on the product page after adding products to the cart tutorial on the Shopify Community is a great place to find the tutorial to help code the function you're looking for.

If you're using a 3rd party theme, you may need to check with the developer of your theme to see if they can help or I highly recommend hiring one of our partners to help you with this. You can find a suitable Shopify Partner in the Experts Marketplace or request a quote by following this guide here.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
4447 1002 1276

@KarenWoods 

Please share your website URL and password if any. I will check and provide a solution here.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Advanced Shopify Page Builder to customize your pages - check here PageFly App
0 Likes
KarenWoods
Tourist
16 0 1

https://woodscelticjewellery.com gietha

If you click on Hairslides on the home page you will see some product 

Thank you 

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
4447 1002 1276

@KarenWoods 

Please try the solution that @Lilith has given. It should work for you.

Hope this helps.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Advanced Shopify Page Builder to customize your pages - check here PageFly App
0 Likes
KarenWoods
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi I did everything but it still goes to cart. I did it in a copy 

Any ideas ?

Thank you 

0 Likes
KarenWoods
Tourist
16 0 1

Do i need to publish it first ?

0 Likes
KarenWoods
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi @Lilith I tried this but it still brings me to Checkout page when I add an item for my products page . Any ideas thank you 

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
394 43 100

@KarenWoods were you able to confirm the theme you're using? One of the things that I mentioned is that if there have been any changes or if it's a 3rd party theme you may not get the same results. In these cases, you'll definitely need to work with a Shopify Partner to get the correct function. The tutorial is made to work on Shopify themes.

However, if you have a Shopify free theme and you're having trouble with it working, make sure to check these things:

1. Review the steps in detail to make sure that nothing is missed
  2. Check that the code is copied in full from GitHub
  3. Ensure the right code file gets the new code
  4. Check the location of where in the file the code is added
  5. Make sure it's pasted in full and not missing any brackets or characters
  6. Save the file before previewing

If you're confident that you've successfully completed the code modification and you're still seeing some issues, then revert the code back to before you made those changes. At that point, you can certainly hire out a Shopify Partner to help you out and complete this customization.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
KarenWoods
Tourist
16 0 1

The shopify theme im using is debut. I did change the code to be able to add qty on product page but thats it.

when I click add to cart on the product page it still goes to cart on a full page view 

the code that you gave me should that work on product page ( where there is a list of 20 products )?

thank you 

0 Likes