adding SKU to product grid on Debut theme

Highlighted
3 0 0

im trying to get the SKU on the product grid on debut theme, much like we have already (in need of a updated website look) is this possible on this theme or am i best looking elsewhere? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 74

Hey, Josie!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

Thanks for reaching out today! Absolutely, that's doable. We've got a guide on adding SKUs to your product pages right over here; you could use the same code mentioned in that guide to bring the SKUs to your product grid. This would take a little custom coding and experimentation; so there's a few ways of approaching this that I can suggest:

• You could work on adding that yourself, if you're comfortable working with code! I'd suggest backing up your theme and experimenting on the copy, to ensure that your customers don't see any unintended results. You can access your theme's code by going in your admin to online store > themes, clicking the actions button, and selecting edit code. You'll see a menu of all the files in your theme over to the left; while I'm not a coding expert myself, I've had a look and that should work if you enter the code in the product-card-list.liquid file, under the snippets folder.
  • Totally understandable if you'd rather not make this change yourself; so long as you've selected a plan with us and you're using a theme made by Shopify, we can reach out to our Themes team for help on this - every merchant on a plan with us is entitled to an hour's worth of free design time for minor tweaks like this one. Just let me know if this is your preferred option and I'll be more than happy to get the process started for you.
  • Finally, there's a few themes out there that display an item's SKU on the product pages by default. It's not entirely clear if this will also be displayed in the collection view, but there's no harm in downloading a trial of these themes to see if they'll work for your needs; while they are paid options, you're able to preview and customize them in your store without committing to a purchase. I'd check out the following:

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hmm little surprised that an obvious feature like showing a sku is not a click box! On the cart and the product page. But I can pay for what should be a standard feature.....

Randy

0 Likes