adding circle color swatches

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 1 5

So I currently have a drop down to choose the Colour of a shirt and it shows in the main image my issue is I hate how it keeps all the different colours as thumbnail image under the main pic. Is there a way to just do the color circles and have it show in the main image but without all the thumbnails of everything below the main image.

example https://www.sweetstylesboutique.com/collections/fall-halloween-t-shirts/products/horror-movie-charac...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
597 58 74

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @sweetstylesbtq.

Ellias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!

I understand you're looking to hide the variant thumbnail images and replace the variant dropdown with colour swatches. I've taken a look at your product page and it appears you've already hidden the variant thumbnails. If not, you can add a code to remove the variant thumbnails. Simply add the following code to the bottom of the theme.scss.liquid file (Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code > theme.scss.liquid).

.thumbnails-wrapper {display:none;}

If you're uncomfortable with coding, you can also use a third-party app called Variant Image Penguin

As for adding circle color swatches, there's a couple of options you can consider - Such as modifying your existing theme or use a different third-party app. If you'd like to modify your existing theme, you can hire a developer on Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are experienced with custom coding and they will be able to create a solution for your theme.

Alternatively, you can use apps like Variant Options Swatch King or Swatches by Webyze to turn the variant dropdown into colour swatches. If you need any assistance with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers through the contact information found in the Support section of their app pages. 

Just to confirm, were you able to hide the variant thumbnails on your own?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 1 5

yes i figured it out on my own thank you !

1 Like