adding youtube video in media not working, anyone see this?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm totally confused. Is anyone else having this problem. I can add an embedded video manually just fine, but I would rather the youtube video be organized along with the pictures which shopify seems to support.

The option is there .. to "Add Media from URL", then choose "embed Youtube video", to where you give it the html of the youtube video you want. Easy enough.

It even seems to import just fine, BUT it never shows up on the page, just the sample. Its quite frustrating.. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, is this officially broken for anyone? Thanks for any help.

now you see itnow you see it

now you dontnow you dont

0 Likes
Astronaut
1126 190 229

This is very likely that your theme does not accept videos added as product images. Unfortunately this is actually a common issue.

You have two potential alternatives:
1. Switch to a free theme that does accept videos (like Debut)
2. Hire a developer and code this feature in for you.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7

Hi @diego_ezfy,

I'm using debut theme. I have embedded videos in the product gallery. But I'm having some issues because the videos are playing on mobile view but not on desktop view.

Do you happen to know why?

Thanks,

Mon

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @jabbyjim 

Welcome to the Shopify community!

Can you please help me with the website URL?

I think it will be fixed by doing some code and customization. You should hire some Shopify experts like us for the same.

Thanks.

Team, Oakleaf Infoway

Email ID: info@oakleafinfoway.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @mon01 

Thanks for sharing your URL with us!

I have checked we would love to help you for the same. and yes it can be done by some coding.

Would you like to hire us? if yes then please drop me a reply at this email address- jay@oakleafinfoway.net

Thanks.

Team, Oakleaf Infoway

Email ID: info@oakleafinfoway.com
0 Likes