ask a guru: can I add a slide show of photos to either the main or footer menu? my theme is "supply"

Highlighted
4 0 0

I have slide slow visible as part of my main section....contains photos that I'm advised is not the best place for this. Is it possible to have PHOTO's tab in either the main or footer menu? If yes, what are the steps to do so? I don't want to go through a bunch of trial and error and mess something else up. thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
77 9 6

Hey there,

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I took a look at a few different apps and I was able to find one that might suit your slideshow needs.

The Image Slider + Carousel app by POWr.io allows you to upload pictures into a slider and copy the code, which you can then embed onto a Page (Admin > Online store > Pages). I tested it out myself, and here's an example of how it looks: https://screenshot.click/27-16-m1ouw-mpw7h.mp4

After having added this to a page, you can then go into your Navigation (Online store > Navigation) and select the menu you'd like the "Photos" menu item displayed on, such as Main menu. Here you'll be able to Add menu item and search for your newly created "Photos" page under Link. Once you've saved, you'll be able to locate it in the applicable menu(s). You can learn more about Menus and Links here

Does this approach seem to be a suitable solution for your business? Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes