buy 5 get 1 free how to make this automated

Highlighted
Excursionist
49 0 1

buy 5 get 1 free how to make this automated  if client buy 5  products he will get 1 free how to do this ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
49 0 1

can any one please help me in this

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
180 24 22

Hi, @storehelp!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Thanks for bumping your post with your reply. I'd be super happy to help here with a solution that I think you'll find quick to apply.

If you've separated all of your products into Collections you can do this rather simply by using the Automatic Discounts feature in your admin.

Make sure that the products that are part of this promotion are all in one collection if you're not including all the products in your store for this.

Once you've done that you can follow the steps below:

1. Head over to Discounts.

2. Click on the Automatic discounts tab on the screen (next to the Discount codes tab).

3. Add a new discount here.

4. Use the GIF below that I've recorded as an example to help you create this discount.

alt

Once you've saved it, your customers will have this applied to their carts automatically when they've added the 6 items to checkout.

Will you have a set free item after choosing 5, or will your customers be able to choose any 6 items to get one of the chosen ones free?

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
49 0 1

Will you have a set free item after choosing 5, or will your customers be able to choose any 6 items to get one of the chosen ones free?

I want to  set free item after choosing 5

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
49 0 1

@Lilith   i have made the   automatic  discount code  but its not working

the code is not applying  automatic

i have select  5 products  no code  applied i try to put code manually  it did not worked also  i select  6 product also  still nothing worked

Capture.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
49 0 1

waiting for the help please

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
180 24 22

Hi @storehelp. In the Automatic Discounts guide that I linked in my post, you'll see some more information on how it works. Automatic Discounts do not have a code. They don't show up on the field for the checkout either. Instead, the discount will show up at checkout when the requirements are met.

As mentioned your customer must add all the qualifying 6 items to the checkout (5 to pay for + 1 to get free). 

A few things that will affect the results:

• Products not part of the required items in the discount rules are added to the checkout
  • Not all requirements are met for the discount
  • The discount was created incorrectly
  • An app that impacts pricing and discounts can interfere with it

Also, here's the Automatic Discount I created yesterday in the post:

alt

If a customer adds 5 items from the Desserts collection, they can get a product free from the same collection as shown in the image above.

Here's a GIF I recorded so you can see how this discount works after it's been created:

alt

If you need further assistance to see where the error is in your discount settings, we will need to open an email ticket. I'd be happy to do that if you'd like.

Another option, if you need help right away you can contact us live via phone, chat or social media.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes