change Featured collection section product image to not be the featured image - Brooklyn theme

3 0 0

Can anyone explain a method to change the default product image that sits within the featured collection section for the Brooklyn theme. I was wondering if there was a way to make the 2nd image or 3rd image for each product be the product image on the collection section. Is it configurable somewhere?

See attached for my intended use. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 9.58.53 pm.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
460 55 77

Hey, @bradscanvas!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

The featured collection section of Brooklyn will pull that image from the first image of the product itself. If you click "Products" on the left-hand side of your Shopify admin, and click into the product, you can reorder the images by clicking and dragging them there. Here's an example from my test store here to make things a bit clearer for you.

Let me know how this goes for you. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach back out - we're always here to chat with you about how things work on Shopify or any technical aspects you might need assistance with — but you can also ask us all sorts of things. If you want our opinion about your business plan or site layout, even with marketing and growth aspects you're curious about, then be sure to reach out. Almost anything you have questions about when it comes to eCommerce, I've likely at least seen others touch on before and will be glad to help you too! 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi @Lulu5 Lulu, yes I understand that however that is not the intended answer I'm
looking for... My aim is to keep the same image ordering but just change
the image for the collection section...

As in to select image number.2 for the collection section

0 Likes
3 0 0

Or is there a way to show a variant image in place of the featured image?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
460 55 77

Awh okay, I see what you mean. This may be something our theme's team can help with. In order for me to check with them, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get check with them for you.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes