change background for order summary on checkout page in debut theme

Highlighted
Excursionist
34 0 8

hello.

I'm using debut theme. for my checkout page on the order summary side it allows me to insert an image but it makes it so the image is tiled. I would like to just put one solid image up for the whole background.  Any ideas on how I can do this  in the code?

thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 60 144

Hey!

Dallas here from Shopify's Social Care Team.

I think I might need a bit more clarification on this from you. Our checkout liquid page where you can make customizations is actually locked to all Shopify support staff (myself) and merchants (you) in order to protect you and your customer's information.

For that reason, it isn't possible to make any adjustments to your checkout page.

May I ask how you added the background image in the first place?

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 0 8

hey dallas.

i haven't actually added it yet. But in the debut theme there is an option for the checkout page to add an image to either the main content section (left) or the order summary section (right). Unfortunately it only allows for it to be tiled so I was wondering how to just add a single image.

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 60 144

Are you able to take a screenshot for me? This will alow me to better see what you're seeing. 

I added an image on my test store and it only appeared to upload one image. 

20-07-jocjg-sj5wq

This is making me think that the image that you're uploading is a bit too small. What are the dimensions of the image that you're uploading? The recommended size is 1000 x 400px. This would make sure that the image fits nicely in all the right places. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 0 8

hi dallas.

the place you uploaded your image was in the banner. I'm trying to upload mine to the right side where the order summary is. My site is on a pause and build status so I can't get to checkout. however, under the options for the image that i upload it says it will repeat vertically and horizontally.  Maybe i need to take it off pause and build to find out, but i remember it doing that last time when i tried to add an image.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 60 144

Ah I see totally see what you mean what you mean! I was working with a different image, you're right.

I spoke with the themes team and they were saying that this isn't a customization that they'd be able to adjust. Since they don't have access to the files to modify that page they wouldn't be able to make it a single image. So for that the only option would be to let the iamge sit as it is when it's uploaded. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 0 8

ok thank you dallas

0 Likes