checkout.scss not working?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
24 0 14

Hey Paul, 

I don't know of any way with the new Checkout customization options from Shopify to remove the avatar settings:
https://docs.shopify.com/manual/configuration/store-customization/page-specific/checkout-page/checko...

Cheers,
Luke

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
53 0 9

I don't think checkout.scss will ever be supported in the future. It's a shame since it broke up so much for us and I've lost many customers. Rather shameful, but c'est la vie.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
129 0 11

FYI - they are still working on updates/changes to the checkout. Until they implement everything they have planned (which they never reveal until it's live, never have and likely never will) we shouldn't expect the ability to mess with the layout ourselves. They say they need complete control until everything is exactly the way they are planning.

NEW: https://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/shipping/order-status

Stacelynn
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
117 0 47

Hi, 

Totally unacceptable. 

We need to : 
- Be able to hide payment methods.
- Add additional instructions where we want to. 
- Change paypal payment image to display "Credit card", as if we don't, most customers think they can't pay without a paypal account (about 70% drop in sales). 
- Hide the terrible paypal express checkout logo (which prevent the customer to go to the next step so he doesn't see the additional instructions mentioned above). 
- Etc.

It's mandatory, because if we don't, our Japanese website is down, and we just have to switch to another platform. 
And all our websites might follow as well, we don't want to have to maintain so many websites on different platforms. 

4 sites on shopify, thousands of hours of codding and development, and here we are... screwed. 

I'm not gonna explain in details, as pretty much all problems are already described on other's post. 
But I join to the most pissed of you to say : WTF !

PS : we're not upgraded on most of our sites, only the last one that we planned to launch.... tomorrow....  And I dare hope that shopify won't force any upgrade before a few months, or we would basically go bankrupt.

★Shopify tweaker★
4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
53 0 9

To me it sounds like you're talking about the cart page and not the checkout page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
117 0 47

Obviously not.... With 4 fully customized shops on Shopify, I know what I'm talking about. 

★Shopify tweaker★
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

I'm totally understanding what Jordy Delage is mentioning.
This is the worst situation we've got in our online business experience.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
122 0 25
2 Likes