Please include a way for customers to write a gift note when checking out. Please see the following examples for references for what it should look like.
• Under the shipping and billing information please put the text ‘Would you like to include a gift message?’ and then put a check box next to it
• If the customer clicks the check box there should then be field that appears that says ‘Gift Message’which the customer can fill out with text
• See attached for a reference (please note we do not want it like the below but as described above): https://shop.surpriseride.com/checkout/?_ga=2.23540666.1090087036.1506097948-1996580864.1498079759
There is definitely a way to enable this on your shop. Check out these instructions here: https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/cart/get-more-information-with-order-notes?utm_medium=...
It will add a "note" option with a generic label that you can change to say "Gift message" or whatever you prefer. The link above covers how to do that as well.
I hope that helps! Let us know if you run into any trouble. - JP
Ren | Social team @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
Our new App, GiftShip, helps solve this issue in-cart. From our App listing page you can take a look at some live stores to see how we achieve not only the ability to perform what you stated, but also to send items to different addresses from within the same order. Perfect for gift stores :)
|an hour ago|
|2 hours ago|
|2 hours ago|