connecting images to variants

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
87 0 7

Hi,

Can you please advise how i can do that? I have images which I would like to link to variants. currently the variants are not linked to any images.

ty

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 55 77

Hello, @at3!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. 

That's a great question! I've outlined some steps below to help add an image to a variant if you would like to take a look. This guide will also help. 

1. Log into your Shopify admin and then click Products.

2. Select the product you would like to edit.

3. Scroll down to the Variants section. Click the image icon to assign an image to that variant, as shown here

4. From here, you can select either a product image that might have been uploaded to your admin already, or click Add image to upload a new image.

5. Click Save.

Please let me know how this goes! Is there anything else I can help you with? I'm happy to help. 

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Hello

We have an app which will help you do the exact thing.

We helped many store owners arrange their variant images automatically.

Please check the app - variant image automator in the shopify app store

Do have a look at the picture as well

take care..keep smiling

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 27

And how do you make the selection of variants by clicking their images work? As far as I can see it only works in a one-directional way.

I am afraid my customers will not select through the variant dropdown menu but rather click on the image instead and then think it will automatically select the correspondent variant - which it should, but it doesn't. Is there a solution for that apart from paying a ridiculous extra $15 dollars per month for an app?

5 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 4
Have you figured it out yet? I have the same problem. Or could you tell me what app does this?
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey did you find any solution for this problem ?

thanks a lot for your answer

0 Likes