creating Multi Language Store ???

Solved
Shopify Partner
11 1 1

Hi 

I want to create shopify multi language store, 

I want to support English and Hebrew. Note that English is LTR, Hebrew is RTL.

After some search I found that using third party apps for translation is the best solution.

Third party solution is not worked with me  because this will not change the layout direction , also some section note translated (like the search result filtration bar , not change still English !).

My template is LTR template.

On another hand, what is about products , collections , etc ... can I translate it ?

Please give me a working solution not just install apps, we are group of developers but we need the best practice please.

Regards 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1838 173 597

I would go for 2 stores and syncing product catalogs from a master catalog and inventory via a bespoke app (unless you already are using an inventory management system and app).

While this may seem like an utter waste and expense at first, most translation apps do have limitations and come at considerable cost as well. Translation apps also do not take in to account the intricacies of i18n and l10n some of which you already mention with LTR and RTL, but could be widened in scope. Ultimately, 2 separate stores give you the flexibility required to tackle any language specific detail.

However, please take my advice with a grain of salt. I'd be curious to hear from other merchants and developers alike who have and are running multi-lingual stores and what problems they've encountered with their respective solutions.

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
11 1 1

Hello 

Thank you very much for your suggestion and clarification. 

I would go for 2 stores and syncing product catalogs from a master catalog and inventory via a bespoke app (unless you already are using an inventory management system and app).

So for example, English store will be master , another will be slave and synced by third party app this what you means ?

Also what about product name, collections, tags, etc ... could I use different name for each store for same product (one for English, another for Hebrew)?

Also Can you share the download URL for the mentioned app please (bespoke app) because I search but I cannot find it.

Thank you

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
1838 173 597

As long as the product variant SKUs match up on both stores, you can have different product titles and descriptions.

By bespoke app I meant a custom developed app. There might be some already available app that accomplishes the same, but I am not aware of such and can't advise you on that.

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
1 Like
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi (

0 Likes
1 0 0

Can I add the name and description in another language at the time of adding the product? i saw a kind of option in a platform called expand cart    

0 Likes
2 0 2

היי חברים מאחר ואני מבין שאתם מדברים עברית יותר נוח לי לרשום בעברית

אשמח אם תשתפו מה הפתרון שלהבנתכם מתאים לנו לאתר דו לשוני?

אם הבנתי את החבר שהגיב לכם - המלצתו היתה לבנות 2 אתרים עם ממש ניהול מלאי אחד לשניהם שמשם הוא ימשוך את המידע?

1 Like
Tourist
12 0 2

הי, מכל מה שבדקתי עד עכשיו ההמלצה היא לבנות אתר נפרד לכל שפה. זה אומר ניהול מלאי כפול ובעצם הכל כפול. האפשרויות האחרות זה איזשהו פלאג שעושה תרגום לאתר אבל הוא משאיר את המטבע של החנות לפי ההגדרה העיקרית  (לא חקרתי לעומק את הנושא)

קהל היעד המרכזי של שופיפיי הן חנויות באנגלית ולכן אין להם באמת שאיפה אמיתית לקדם את נושא השפות, לכן כל הפתרונות שיש כרגע הם לא נוחים במיוחד, בלשון המעטה.

לגבי מערכת ניהול מלאי, אני בניתי משהו משלי וכרגע עובדת על הסנכרון עם שופיפיי. לא מכירה משהו קיים

1 Like
2 0 2

היי

ראשית תודה על המענה.

נכון לכרגע נרון עם אתר באנגלית בלבד.

בעניין המטבע לפחות לפי מה שחקרתי זה עניין של ערכת נושא תומכת.

בעניין המלאי הבחור למעלה הציע משהו לניהול המלאי ולסנכרון לא?

ולדעתי בשביל לפשט את עניין המלאי ליצור מלאי ייעודי עבור כל אתר ואחת לאיקס זמן לעדכן.

כרגע החלטנו לרוץ. רק באנגלית ותוך כדי לחקור - אם לי יהיה פתרון מבטיח לשוב ולעדכן

בהצלחה לכולנו - שתזכרו לאתר מלא ביקורים ורכישות :-)

1 Like