creating a refund and return policy

Solved
talais
Tourist
3 1 2

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Shopify and to building a website in general. I'm an artist and computers are not really my wheelhouse to I need all the help I can get.  I need to create a refund and return policy. which I thought I had done through Shopify, but now I can't seem to find it or even how I found it in the first place. Then I need to get it into my footer and linked to google.  Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

SSC

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
789 68 194

Hi @talais,

Shopify offers a free refund policy generator that you can use to create a refund policy for your store, as well as a blog post that talks about what sort of information you should include in the policy. Whilst we do offer this sample policy that you can add to your store, we do recommend that you read through it and tweak it where necessary to ensure that the information stated here is correct for your store and outlines the conditions you wish to offer to your customers.

We also offer a guide on how to add your policies to your store, including to your store menus. I'd generally recommend adding the refund policy to your footer menu at the bottom of your storefront, along with other pages such as your terms of service and shipping policy. This guide should walk you through how to do this. 

I hope this helps but please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1637 224 616

This is an accepted solution.

You probably added it in the back end under Settings > Legal -- There you can add policy's and whatnot. Then in your footer navigation you could go to Online Store > Navigation and to your footer menu and add a menu item, use "Refund Policy" as the name, then click on the text area for Link and some suggestions should pop up. If you scroll to the bottom you'll see "Policies", click that and it'll pull up all the policies you have added in Shopify's back end.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
talais
Tourist
3 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
789 68 194

Hi @talais,

No problem at all! Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
talais
Tourist
3 1 2

PERFECT! Your step by step was exactly what I needed to get everything hooked up just right!