debut theme adding lists or sub collections to debut theme??

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello,

How can I modify or customize my debut theme to create some sort of subcollection? Would I need to modify my html code? Or are there any apps I can download to accomplish this?

I am trying to create a hierarchy of collections (Which could be shown on the home page of my debut theme)

Someone competent enough to help me with this?!! That would be great!

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
121 12 23

Hi, Matthew!

Sunny here from the Shopify Guru team and I'd be happy to assist. 

Creating a subset of collections is a really great way to organize a shop to make for an easy shopping experience. As an example, you can have a collection called "Living Room", and within that collection you have sub-collections such as, Furniture, Accessories, Lighting etc. Does this sound similar to what you're looking to achieve?  

If so, we have this helpful guide that teaches you how to create a subset of collections on a custom page by editing your theme code. The guide will walk you through the step-by-step instructions to set that up within your shop. However, the guide itself is fairly advanced and is not supported by Shopify. Although I don't have much experience with coding, I've successfully set up sub-collections on my own shop and would be happy to lend a hand if you need!

As a side note if you haven't already, I would recommend creating a multi-level dropdown menu that displays your subset collections in menu format that would look something like this:

Various themes on our theme store include the multi-level menu feature, including Debut, but if you're using an older version of the theme, you'll either need to update to a newer version or use an app. Below are two of our most popular menu apps from the App Store:

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the guide I shared or if you get stuck along the way. I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like