deleted theme codes

sjb1
1 0 0

i deleted some theme codes on my custom theme which caused my website to not be efficient. i called myself trying to speed up my website speed because it was really low and i ended up deleting a bunch of codes i shouldnt have deleted. i dont know if i went into templates, sections, or snippets and i then erased everything that had the app names which i previously deleted such as hulk app, yotpo, and judge me. is there anyway the codes that i have deleted can be reinstated?

0 Likes
g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
223 58 70

If you haven't deleted the file itself, you can navigate to the file name and click on Older versions. Select the original file version and it should restore back all the code.

Screenshot 2021-04-25 at 11.51.51 pm.png

In future, you should always take a backup before making any modifications to the code.

If you found my answer helpful, please LIKE and ACCEPT.
buymeacoffee.com/g33kgirl ☕
If you're not comfortable with code, please modify code files at your own risk.
Do NOT give out your passwords unless absolutely necessary.
0 Likes
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
661 66 119

Hi @sjb1

Did you delete the file template? If you just remove code on those files. You can back up the base version of the file. You can refer to this link: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-troubleshooting-roll-back-to-older-version-of-theme

But if you deleted those files. You can not back up. So I suggest when you change anything on your site, you should already backup your theme.

Hope this helps.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes