different menu for wholesale

Solved
4 0 0

Hi

I managed to add separate wholesale for my online store where they have access for wholesale products (different pricing) and everything works out well. The only thing couldn't solve it is to add a different menu for wholesale

Someone mentioned how to do it but it's not working for me, I am using Debut theme 

I copied most of the wholesale coding from this link

https://www.envision.io/blogs/ecommerce-pulse/80312001-how-to-add-a-wholesale-area-to-your-shopify-s...

please help me I would really appreciate it

0 Likes

Success.

Astronaut
835 95 178

You can assign a linklist to a variable depending on customer tags. Make a linklist called "wholesale" and put the links in it that you want to appear for wholesalers. Then you can go into your site-nav.liquid in your snippets folder and at the top you can assign the user_link_list with this code:

// in this if statement use whatever you tag your wholesalers with after "contains"
{% if customer.tags contains 'wholesale' %} {% assign user_link_list = 'wholesale' %} {% else %} {% assign user_link_list = section.settings.main_linklist %} {% endif %}

Then a couple lines down look for this forloop code:

{% for link in linklists[section.settings.main_linklist].links %}

and change it to:

{% for link in linklists[user_link_list].links %}

Now if your customer is logged in and is tagged "wholesale" then they'll see the "wholesale" links

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks so much!!!!!

it worked !!!!!

@Ninthony wrote:

You can assign a linklist to a variable depending on customer tags. Make a linklist called "wholesale" and put the links in it that you want to appear for wholesalers. Then you can go into your site-nav.liquid in your snippets folder and at the top you can assign the user_link_list with this code:

// in this if statement use whatever you tag your wholesalers with after "contains"
{% if customer.tags contains 'wholesale' %} {% assign user_link_list = 'wholesale' %} {% else %} {% assign user_link_list = section.settings.main_linklist %} {% endif %}

and change it to:

Now if your customer is logged in and is tagged "wholesale" then they'll see the "wholesale" links

@Ninthony wrote:

and change it to:

0 Likes
1 0 0

I'm trying to create one template to hold all sections so that i can fell free to add more sections in my other pages because the main theme template cannot be added to other pages unless to create a new template.

thank you 

ibrahim 

0 Likes
4 0 0

hey, I noticed the code worked out for the desktop version, but the mobile version is not working where the menu is not showing up

@Ninthony wrote:

and change it to:

0 Likes

Success.

Astronaut
835 95 178

Go into your header.liquid file in your Sections folder and do the same thing, put the if statement and the variable assignment at the top and then find:

and change to:

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks Ninthony, much appreciate it

I will definitely need your help soon regarding implement shipping rates based on type of products but I don't need it at this moment. Your help for the wholesale thing won't forget it  😀🙏🏼

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
835 95 178

Well I'm just going to chime in and let you know that Shopify doesn't have support for shipping rates on specific groups of products. I believe you'll need an app for that. Otherwise you have to charge a flat rate, you can give discounts at a certain price spent, or you can charge for shipping based on weight.

You'll need an app to do this, I'm not sure if there's a free one but I've heard of this one:

https://apps.shopify.com/vendor-shipping-rules-1

which gets pretty good reviews, but I can't really speak for it myself as I haven't used it. Our company uses a flat rate with USPS

0 Likes