favicon

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, I'm trying to update my favicon icon in the debut theme but even though I uploaded a new image and refreshed it like 100 times it still wont update for me.

what can be the issue?

any help is appreciated!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6038 887 2040

Hello, @skonrad 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
8 2 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @skonrad!

Finley here from the Shopify team.

Adding the favicon is a smart way to reinforce your brand identity, so I'm glad you are looking into this.

If you've followed the steps to add the favicon in our guide here and saved the changes in the Debut theme editor, this may be a browser-specific issue.

To test if this is an issue with your browser, can you please try the following steps:

1) Open up your website on a different browser.

A few browsers I can suggest you try are:

2) If the favicon is appearing correctly on the other browsers, then you have narrowed down that it is an issue with the browser. You can follow these steps to clear your cache and cookies here.

This should resolve the issue and you should see the favicon image displayed on the browser's tab when you open up your online store.

3) If you've taken the above steps and the favicon is still not appearing on multiple browsers, we will need to get a bit more information to understand what is happening there.

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the favicon that you've added to your theme editor, as well as a link to your website?

Building a Brand

Adding a favicon is one step towards building your brand.

Your brand identity is the impression you leave with your customers. This can be strengthened through other means as well such as through:

• Your logo
  • Your slogan
  • The voice and tone you use when writing
  • The color and fonts on your website

We have a wonderful blog on Building Your Own Brand which walks you through these points.

If this isn't something you've looked into yet, this blog post mentions that a great place to start is to narrow down who your target audience is.

Once you who your ideal customer is, what their interests are, and how to relate with them, then you can keep this at the center of all the changes you make to your website.

If you are like me and you prefer to learn over video, you can feel free to have a look at our How to Design your Online Store course which is one of many great courses on our Shopify Compass.

Specifically, Section 2: Create Your Brand Identity walks you through creating a mood board for your brand. This can help can you pinpoint how you would like your brand to be portrayed to your customers.

I find that watching someone go through this with their website step-by-step can be really helpful when working on your own website!

I hope this helps and do feel free to reach back out.

Cheers!

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like