featured image size for minimal theme

2 0 0

I'm looking for the recommended size for home page featured images and can't seem to find it anywhere. When I do a speed test on my site those images are flagged as too large. thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 5.18.46 PM.png

0 Likes

Hello 
Please share your site url.
So that i can check and let you know.
Yopu can display small size image on home page by managing that image using some js and css.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
163 15 17

Hey there, @Shirlee_Grund!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to offer some recommendations that might be able to help you out.

Firstly, it looks like you may be using a non-sectioned (and thus older) version of the Minimal Theme, is that right? It may be worth it for you to upgrade your theme at this point to a newer version of the theme here

You can upload up to 4472 x 4472 pixels with a file size of up to 20 MB. That being said, we typically recommend using 2048 x 2048 pixels for square product photos. At minimum, or Theme Support recommends a width of at least 1200 pixels regardless of the aspect ratio. You may also find our Compression Rates guide helpful to reference. 

Aside from the speed test, how is your store functioning? Google Page Speed tests are a good resource for gauging how fast or slow your site is loading, however it's important to take this information with a grain of salt. It may be concerning to see the results, but they aren't useful for a site that's loading fine. You can read more in the truth about Google Page Speed.

I hope this information helps! If there's anything I can clarify, please let me know.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes

Hello @Shirlee_Grund ,
Its looking that the image you have uploaded for featured collection is too large .
Upload small size image or upload image that featured collection area contain.

Featured area have size: 300 * 135
And your uploaded image size is: 1200*500
See bellow screens:

56.jpg

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
0 Likes