glTF 3D Model in Shopify's Product Viewer is too bright - can the lighting be adjusted?

able36
Tourist
12 0 4

I have a glTF 3D model of one of my products, and the colors are accurate using several online glTF viewers that I tried.

But Shopify's produces the image too bright, so the gray product looks white, and the black emblem looks gray.

Can the brightness/lighting of the 3D model viewer be adjusted, like it can for most other 3D model viewers that are found online?

I don't want to give customers an inaccurate depiction of what the product will look like.

0 Likes
vikfromlevar
Shopify Expert
23 0 2

Hi @able36 

If you aren't able to modify the Base Color channels on your 3D model yourself - I would recommend trying the levAR Shopify plugin to preview your glTF model - our viewer was custom built with color accuracy in mind - take a look at some models in our viewer here. We also support augmented reality on all mobile platforms!

Feel free to DM me or reach out if you need further assistance. 

-Vik 

See how Augmented Reality from levAR can help your business drive sales, reduce returns and increase brand awareness.

levar.io
0 Likes
Parametric3d
4 0 0

We offer a full solution for 3d models on Shopify. Control anything. www.parametric3d.co.uk

0 Likes
timbroo
1 0 0

We had many people tying to solve this for us and then played around with the GLB fil in threejs and worked out that if you change the RGBdepthpacking to Basicdepthpacking it makes both sides the true colour. see https://saltsunsand.com.au/collections/sss-bondi-cushions/products/bondi_tidewater_green_-_45_x_45_c... for a 3d model that was showing super bright one side and is now corrected with that fix. We thought we should put something up as we couldnt find anyone in the world - tried 3d experts . shopify experts - upwork and nobody could solve the problem so hope this helps someone.

Cheers, 

Tim

saltsunsand.com.au

0 Likes