how can i reduce the header image to 160px for collection & product pages

Highlighted
3 0 0

In my District theme header, i have a 400px logo image centered:

home page.png

each of my collections is a different brand in my store. When viewing each collection, I'd like to reduce my main store header image from 400px to 160px and left align:

collection page.png

This way, the collection-specific image in the collection description (VISION) will appear to be the main logo for the collection page.

any suggestions on how i can accomplish this?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
152 37 58
Yes, this can be done. My question to you is, why two headers and not use the left aligned option universally?
Did I provide you with a working solution? Give me an Approved Solution!

Likes are appreciated as well :)
0 Likes
3 0 0

i want my store logo to be the prominent image on the homepage.  I feel the logo gets lost as 160px in the upper left corner, which is fine for the collection pages.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
152 37 58

Totally understand. Would be happy to help you with this! Will private message you and we can start working through this and post a solution once completed. It's sometimes just quicker to actually jump in then explain and go back-and-forth in the forums. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
152 37 58

@spitfire132 

I have completed this and will post my solution here soon! You can login and review the changes. I have tested everything across all devices and everything is working as it should. 

Enjoy! 

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 11.05.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-29 at 11.05.11 PM.png

0 Likes
3 0 0
looks like the logo on the main homepage shrank a little, but otherwise,
this is EXACTLY what i was looking for.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
152 37 58
If you want to enlarge the logo of the centered header, go to Online Store > Themes > Customize Theme. If you’re looking at the homepage, you will see the Center Header block. Click that and set your logo to the width of your choosing. I think I left it at 200px and 160px left aligned. If you ever want to change the logo width for the collection or product pages, you’d go to a collection page and edit the Header section under the theme customizer. Hope this makes sense!

Also, I ask that if all changes look good, please remove me as a collaborator from your store. If I ever need access again, we will work it out then. I don’t like having access when not needed and it’s rest assured for the store owner.

0 Likes