how to mute sound on product videos and remove bright filter Brooklyn theme

Tzerilli
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey everyone,

I just realized when clicking on my product videos when played they get this extremely bright filter that turns almost every color to white besides dark colors and those become a faded version of that dark color. completely ruins the video and is hard on the eyes. it's weird because the thumbnail is still in the original video color so I don't know what's wrong. Also I would like to be able to mute the videos while I am in the code im assuming this is all code related let me know if im wrong i tried to check but couldnt find anything only image sizing and ratios. in the meantime i will continue to look.

Replies 9 (9)

satsinghrana
Shopify Partner
331 19 41

Hello @Tzerilli,

Please share the store url, Then I ll check and provide you the solution.

thanks!

banned
Tzerilli
Tourist
5 0 1

thanks for checking into this here is a url directly to a page with a product video

https://shopbohogoddess.com/products/boho-babe-dress

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@Tzerilli 

Disable product video sound in Shopify / Mute product videos Including YouTube videos.
Edit Your Theme

Admin -> Online Store -> Themes -> Actions -> Edit Code

Find media.liquid file inside a Snippets

Snippets/media.liquid
You will find the condition “external_video” and “video” in the media.liquid

Add muted:true in media tag

{{ media | external_video_tag: class: 'youtube-video-test', muted:true }}
{{ media | video_tag: class: 'media-video', image_size: image_size, loop: true, muted:true }}

Hope this works.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
Tzerilli
Tourist
5 0 1

thanks this did mute the video now i just need to figure out how to get the brightness down on the desktop haha

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

I think this not shopify problem . please check your video file 

https://cdn.shopify.com/videos/c/vp/13bc0edf6f21464489d70077cbc2ce90/13bc0edf6f21464489d70077cbc2ce9...

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
Tzerilli
Tourist
5 0 1

what would cause the video to show fine on mobile version of the website (both apple and Andriod) but not on desktop version of the website?

AshleyLozano
Tourist
6 0 0

Hmmm, this didn't work for me. Assuming it is supposed to remove the sound from the video completely, which is my intent, and not just start playing it with the sound muted. Please advise. Thanks. 

Tzerilli
Tourist
5 0 1

seems to only happen on the desktop not on mobile this is strange?