how to upload an html file to the root of my shopify site

3 0 0

I need to have an html page at the root of my shopify site how can I do that.Thanking you in anticipation of a favorable response. After searching a lot i found this article  http://docs.shopify.com/support/other/general-information/how-can-i-get-ftp-access-to-my-website is this the way to go?.Any details or code snippets or examples would be appreciated.Thank You

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
960 1 51

Hey Aameer!

Generally speaking, you need to upload HTML files to your root directory for the purposes of verification with a third party site. For help with this, see this doc here:

http://docs.shopify.com/manual/configuration/store-customization/verify-with-file-uploads

It should set you straight.

If you're still encountering any issues or need clarification, feel free to reach out to us any time! We're here to help.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify, Inc.

1 Like
3 0 0

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Thanks for your replying, but I have some questions

I know the way that you have mentioned,it suitable for some platform.

In some platform,It request DNS verification and upload an HTML file to Verify site ownership.

Under these circumstances, how to upload an HTML file to shopify site?(DNS may more difficult than upload Html files)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 8

This isn't a sufficient article for what I need to accomplish. I need to gain access to my Google Analytics account, and Google is instructing me to upload a .txt file to the root folder of my site. How can I accomplish that with a Shopify store?

1 Like
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

have you found any reply how to access root to put in the a.txt file for google analytics ? 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1156 133 203

File based validation is just one of the validation methods supported. Here is a list of alternatives - https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/9008080?hl=en. HTML Tag approach should work just well for stores running on Shopify. 

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
1 0 2

Does anybody where I can find instructions to do the HTML File Upload Verification for Facebook Business. I've done website verification for many other sites using meta tag, but Facebook HTML File is just a code like this ->    hd7784bkbsd773bhdlk03n . There are no designations and they don't provide any instructions other than telling me to upload this HTML File to the root directory. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes
1 0 1

Hi there. 

I'm also trying to find how to upload the Facebook page verification file. It instructs you to download the html file to be uploaded to the root directory, but I can't see how to do this, as it doesn't give the option to change to a meta file as in Google Webmaster. Have you found out how to do this yet please?

Cheers, Annie 

@SpaceTrippy wrote:

Does anybody where I can find instructions to do the HTML File Upload Verification for Facebook Business. I've done website verification for many other sites using meta tag, but Facebook HTML File is just a code like this ->    hd7784bkbsd773bhdlk03n . There are no designations and they don't provide any instructions other than telling me to upload this HTML File to the root directory. Thanks in advance.

1 Like
1 0 0

Hello,

What about Microsoft Ads, I am experiencing the same problem and you have very little support for setting up the Microsoft ads account 

0 Likes