is there a way to add same text to all products?

Tourist
21 0 3

Hi,

I'd like to add one line of text at the bottom of all my product descriptions. Do I need to do that manually (200 products) or is there a way to automatize that?

thank you!

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 0

Whare exactly you want to put this extra text..

is this bottom of all product page or buttom of every product?

Both problem have solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
21 0 3

in the bottom of all product descriptions (so every product). so customers can see this text everytime they click on a product

thanks

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 0

find the liquid loop file for all product. Then add your text before the end of loop 

0 Likes
Tourist
21 0 3

where do i find that, exactly?

thank you

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 0

you need to know liquid coding for that. This loop is actually different theme have different place. So if you know liquid then you can easily do that. 

otherwise find some app that can solve this problem or hire any coder to do that 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9778 86 1526

James - the first place to start looking would be in your product.liquid template. In that template could be lots of code, or nearly none. In the case where there is very little code look for statements that use {% section %} or {% include %} tags as these indicate other files you'll need to look at.

{% section %} will be files in the section folder of your theme.
{% include %} will be files in the snippet folder of your theme.

In most case you should be looking for this:

{{ product.description }}

^ That's the output of the product description into the page. You would add you custom text below that.

If you really can't find this you might need to start posting some code - or at the very least the name of the theme you're using.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
3 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

hello

I have found {{ product.description }} in my template, How can I add Html code in the end of all the products ? There are 200+ products.

0 Likes

Whatever you add right after {{ product.description }} will appear on all your product pages, given that you are in a template.

So for example : 

<p></p>
<p>Free shipping on all orders!</p>
<p>Easy returns</p>
<p>...</p>

There are cleaner methods to add extra content after the product description but if you only have a couple of lines to add, you can do it this way.

C'est simple comme bonjour ! Ou presque.
Need some help to customize your website? Message me anytime: 5euros.com/profil/maxdesign
0 Likes
Excursionist
14 0 0

@MaxDesign wrote:

Whatever you add right after {{ product.description }} will appear on all your product pages, given that you are in a template.

So for example : 

<p></p>
<p>Free shipping on all orders!</p>
<p>Easy returns</p>
<p>...</p>

There are cleaner methods to add extra content after the product description but if you only have a couple of lines to add, you can do it this way.

Hi thank you for the example, I have a few symbols and a couple of paragraphs with headers I'd like to add, are there any secrets to make it work in a cleaner format? 

0 Likes