message box pop up

2 0 0

I'm trying to figure out how to make a message box appear when a customer clicks one of the delivery method. Anyone know how to do that?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 36 77

Hi, William! 

This is Dallas. I am one of the members of the Social Care Team here at Shopify. 

At the moment there isn't a way to edit the code of the checkout page in Shopify. The best option, in this case, would be to create a popup box before your customers reaches the checkout page. 

The Products Warning app will be able to help with your pop-ups. However, it will just show up when your customers add certain products to the cart. 

I am not entirely sure what you are needing/wanting with these pop-ups so another one to look into is Easy Box. This app allows for link-based pop-ups. 

This app is more of a promotion based pop up, hence the name Promotion Pop-up, but it allows for cart based popups. 

Easy Popup is an app with a lot of features, so it may be worth looking into as well. 

Since I am not sure what exactly  you are hoping to share with your customers with the use of this pop I am not able to direct my suggestions in the most specific way. If you are able to clarify a little bit more what your goals are, I would be happy to see what else I can find for you. 

I hope this helps with what you are looking for! If you have any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to let us know. Our support is here 24/7

Cheers,
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 0

Hi Dallas,

Thank you for replying to this post. I will definitely check out those apps for future references. However what I'm trying to do is when a customer chooses UPSP's First Class Package as their delivery method, I want to warn them that this method is "blah blah blah would you still like to choose this method?"

If this is not possible, then I want to know if there are any other ways to effectively warn the customers. For example, have a small note right next to where you choose the delivery method so that customers would be able to easily notice it.

Thank you,

William

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 36 77

Hi, William. 

It isn't possible to add any note when a shipping option is chosen. The cart.liquid file isn't able to be adjusted at all. 

For what you are wanting I recommend doing a product or cart pop up. This will allow you to make the not for your customers to read in either location. The apps that I gave above are great for this. 

If you would like more help, let me know! 

Cheers, 

Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi Dallas

I have a question relating to this and I wonder if you could help?

I too am stuck needing to generate a message or confirmation when a shipping method is selected.

Reason being, Shopify defaults to the cheapest method of shipping. In my case this is a “$0 Local Pick up” or “$0 add on to existing order” option. I need those there as I do have many local customers and also many who add on items from my weekly flash sales that are able to ship out with their other existing orders.

Unfortunately as we know people just don’t read. They are the “$0” in their periphery and don’t actually read. This I have customers selecting free delivery methods that are not applicable to their order.

I need to either A) make my shipping default to the most expensive shipping so people read and properly select or B) have a “you have chosen ____, is this correct?”

Many thanks for your guidance.
0 Likes