modify footer

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 2

hello everyone,
I'm using Brooklyn base theme, how I can modify the footer of these template?

tnx so much

regards, Luca

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
391 1 43

Hey Luca!

Koreen here from the Guru team at Shopify! Thanks for posting :)

Sure! You'll be glad to know that there are a couple of different ways to edit your footer, it just depends on what you would like to do exactly :)

• To edit the content that appears on the footer, you can do this in the navigation:

Admin>online store>navigation

Here you can control the links that appear in your footer section- by customising it to your liking.

• To change the appearance of your footer, you can do this in the theme customiser:

Admin>online store>theme> customise theme

Here you can edit the colour and text of your footer, and also link up a newsletter and social media icons.

• For more hard code edits, you'd need to access the theme's code:

Admin>online store>theme> html/ css> theme.liquid and search for "Footer"

If there is something particuar that you would like to do, that you are unable to access from the above- do feel free to reach out to our support team at support@shopify.com. As Brooklyn is built by Shopify, you have 1 hour of free design time for any small customisations to your theme. More info on this can be found here: 

https://help.shopify.com/manual/using-themes/shopify-design-policy

I hope this helps!

Koreen W

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 2

hello Koreen,

Thank you very much, I found theme.liquid and I'm just working!

Bye Bye

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 2

Sorry Koreen,
but I have always the same problem whit this customizations: where I can find the CSS associated to the footer, and generally where are in the assets #class ad #id associated to the html structure??

tnx, Luca

Bye Bye

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
391 1 43

Hey Luca!

Thanks for your reply :)

You can edit the footer within the theme.scss file in the assets folder:

Any edits here would apply to the classes and ID that you select to work with. We have a guide on working with all theme templates here.

If you do have something specific in mind, do feel free to reach out to us at support@shopify.com and we can see if our theme support can do this in your 1 hour of free design time.

I hope this helps!

Koreen W 

Highlighted
14 0 0

Hi, what would i change to increase the height of the footer?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I am trying to change the footer of my website. I want to change the location of the fb and instagram icon. I want to change it to something like this  

here is the link  https://www.manitobah.com/collections/mittens

0 Likes