my theme seems to only support paypal and google pay

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone: I am a newbie and need help.  I have the free theme Pop from Shopify. I am noticing only PayPal and Google Pay is supported even though all the other pymt icons are in my footer.  Is this because I signed up for shopify lite or is it the free theme?

Thanks ahead! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
845 54 138

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the social care team. I'd be more than happy to help you out with this.

If you're using Shopify Payments then you have access to all of these payment options.

2019-09-gauk3-iitp9

I do want to add, however, that the six on the left are credit cards that are accepted by Shopify Payments while the other three on the right are payment accounts that your customers can have. If you're using an Apple device that has apple Pay enabled then you can test Apple Pay. If you make a purchase on Shopify you can test Shopify Pay and if you're using google you can use google pay. However, if you're testing these options but you don't have any of these accounts then you won't be testing them, but rather just using your credit card.

To try out all of the credit cards that are available with Shopify Payments, you can use the test orders page to try them all out. Just make sure that you enable test mode to try these cards out. 

All that information explains how Shopify Payments works, but if you're seeing errors that are otherwise mentioned please share them in a reply so that I can look further into the issues that you're facing.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I am in the same situation... I have Shopify payments with all the credit cards selected, but when I test adding an item to my cart and checking out, it is only giving me 2 options for payment options.

Capture.PNG

Shopify payments selections:

Capture2.PNG

I am using the Debut theme.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
845 54 138

So the Google and PayPal options are the programs used to process the funds. That will be how your store gets the money from your customers. 

The list of cards in your Shopify Payment gateway in your Store Admin would be the forms of payment that you accept. 

So, for example, a customer could use their visa and pay with PayPal. Does that help to clear the air a bit more?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

My issue is similar.  I thought i tested the gpay out but now my site is active, i have a customer complaining.  She placed an order that I do not see but she has provided a screenshot where she has used gpay and there is a hold on her card for 3 days for the purchase amount.  she hasn't received a confirmation and I haven't received an order.  Why is this occurring?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
845 54 138

Hi, there. 

It has been a few days since you have written in here so I want to see if this is still an issue. 

If it is can you go to Settings > Payment Gateways and let me know if GPay is selected as an option for your customers. 

Have you tried it on your end? I am wanting to rule out to see if it's an issue with the gateway or if it was a more localized issue for your customer. 

All of this information should help me to work towards a solution for you. 

0 Likes