newbie question about products

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi all im having issues with adding products to my site. i have managed to import them and publish them but it doesn't have options anywhere that i can see asking where i want the item to be located as i want to be able to put them on seperate pages.  all that seems to happen is they goto a product page and cant be seen on the website. i thought you could just add them to a page of your choice or have i done this wrong and do i need to create a different type of page?

the idea of my site was to have different pages and when you clicked on the page it would open a section with several items for sale under the niche for that page

my page is www.giftsgalorestore.co.uk

ive only spent a few hours on it for the past 3 days or so. if anyone has any advice on anything to help or could say if im doing anything wrong that would be great. Thnaks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2917 497 668

Hi @stestrange82 

As i can see you have create all pages for you product but you no need to create pages, you have to create all separate collection for product and then assign product to collection and then add this collection link in menu as you added pages.

How to add collection?

-Go to admin-product->collection

-Create new collection like 'men' and assign products to this collection by given condition  of tag or manual.

2.Then assign all collection in online store->navigation and main menu

So it show all products of clicked collection.

like this is default collection link that show all products.

https://giftsgalorestore.co.uk/collections/all

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1197 162 320

Yup, @Jasoliya is correct, sounds like what you're going to want to do is create a collections for all your different categories. Go to Products > Collections > Create Collection, there you can manually place products into a collection or automate them through different conditions (e.g. products tags, product type, vendor, etc.). Say you had T-Shirts you wanted to sell, you'd name your collection T-Shirts and you could automate it to populate by setting a condition Product Tag is equal to "t-shirt". Every product that you have that is tagged t-shirt would be placed into that collection and then after you save it you could navigate to https://www.your-store.myshopify.com/collections/t-shirts to view your collection page. 

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

thank you  i will give that a go. would i be best just to delete the pages I've create them?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

thank you  i will give that a go. would i be best just to delete the pages I've create them ?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1197 162 320

Yeah if you're not going to use them you should delete them so that when google crawls your site you wont be indexed in any search results leading to any empty pages.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes