Solved

online shop doesn't match my theme

MonMoni
Tourist
5 0 2

I am setting up my shop and using the Theme 'Minimal'.  What I see in Shopify is not what is seen online when I enter my web address.  I am not sure where I am going wrong!!

This is what I see in Shopify (the beige background one) and what I see when I look up my web address (the white background one).

Any idea as to why this is happening?

cheers

B2063B96-8875-45C3-80E2-622143A0FA6C.jpeg

0095EDA1-3A3F-4F06-850D-03C1C0E4A743.jpeg

Accepted Solution (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 326

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @MonMoni!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community!

I understand you are seeing a different version of your store when you enter your web address compared to what you can see via your theme editor. I'd be more than happy to look into this for you and see what may be causing this!

Firstly, I will ask you to check that the correct theme has been published. To do this head to your online store > themes section and check that the current theme is the beige background one. If you are editing a theme that is listed below in the theme library, you will need to publish the correct one, this will replace the theme that is currently visible under "current theme" and will be visible when you enter your web address.

21-06-1hg5h-z6er9

Secondly, ensure that you are saving your progress in the theme editor as you go. You will not be able to see any changes on the website until that big green save button has been clicked. You will then need to refresh the webpage to see the updated changes (or clear the cache if refreshing doesn't work). When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.

I suggest clearing your browser cache and make sure you are operating on the latest version of Google Chrome.

• Click here for instructions on clearing your cache

• Click here for instructions on launching an incognito browser

If you find that the correct theme is already published and refreshing your page makes no difference, it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

As you continue to customize your theme, it’s a good idea to make design and content choices that help to keep your online store accessible. I suggest taking a look at this guide for tips on providing an inclusive experience for your customers.

Let us know how you get on with the steps above, I’m happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

@MonMoni 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
MonMoni
Tourist
5 0 2

Thanks for your reply.  It is working now.  🙂

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 326

@MonMoni 

My pleasure! I am glad we were able to provide a solution for you, thanks again for posting in the community! Don't hesitate to reach back out if you require any further assistance as you continue to work on your store. 

TIP: I thought I would also drop you the link to Shopify Compass - Business e-Learning and Training. Not enough merchants know about this and it's such a good resource for you and your business no matter where you are with your store. I’d definitely recommend bookmarking it and checking it out when you have time.

All the best,

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 326

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @MonMoni!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community!

I understand you are seeing a different version of your store when you enter your web address compared to what you can see via your theme editor. I'd be more than happy to look into this for you and see what may be causing this!

Firstly, I will ask you to check that the correct theme has been published. To do this head to your online store > themes section and check that the current theme is the beige background one. If you are editing a theme that is listed below in the theme library, you will need to publish the correct one, this will replace the theme that is currently visible under "current theme" and will be visible when you enter your web address.

21-06-1hg5h-z6er9

Secondly, ensure that you are saving your progress in the theme editor as you go. You will not be able to see any changes on the website until that big green save button has been clicked. You will then need to refresh the webpage to see the updated changes (or clear the cache if refreshing doesn't work). When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.

I suggest clearing your browser cache and make sure you are operating on the latest version of Google Chrome.

• Click here for instructions on clearing your cache

• Click here for instructions on launching an incognito browser

If you find that the correct theme is already published and refreshing your page makes no difference, it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

As you continue to customize your theme, it’s a good idea to make design and content choices that help to keep your online store accessible. I suggest taking a look at this guide for tips on providing an inclusive experience for your customers.

Let us know how you get on with the steps above, I’m happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

MonMoni
Tourist
5 0 2

Thankyou Moira

It is now working.  I didn't do anything apart from log out of my browser last night, so it must have realigned itself when I did that.  Also I just tried to clear the cache with your instructions but I do not have 'empty cache'  listed under Safari on my Mac.  Not sure why but I guess I don't need to do it now.

Thanks again.

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 326

Hey, @MonMoni!

Thanks for getting back to us! I'm glad to hear everything is back up and running normally again.

The steps to clear your cache varies depending on which browser you are using. Here is a guide that walks you through clearing your cache and cookies for Safari.

Whilst Safari is a supported browser, when possible we like to recommend using Google Chrome when working on your store as Shopify is most optimized for this browser. I suggest downloading Google Chrome if you get the chance, you can do so by clicking this link here.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers!