"Reorder variants" manually does not stay put!

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have this irritating and recurring issue with the default sort order in which my variant options appear for a product.  We are an apparel company and display our product options very 'industry-standard' like.  For example:  (Size Options) XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, etc.

For some reason, and at random, Shopify has been re-arranging the sort order of my custom options alphabetically (ie. back to  2XL, L, M, S, XL, XS ).  I have manually gone into hundreds of products to fix this (more than a couple of times), thinking it would stay put.  It stays for a while, then I check back a week or two later and it's back to alphabetical.  Does anyone know why this would happen?  The only changes to the sites I have made are Launchpad theme switching and price import/updates for running promotions.  I have not done ANY changes to liquid or css files, or performed any Product Import CSV operations whatsoever.  This is purely creating a poor user experience.  I thought I was going crazy, like I couldn't remember fixing this before, but I've been testing & monitoring this closely lately and sure enough it's doing it again!

Please share any experience or coding fixes with this issue and how to resolve it!   

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 1 1

I know this is an old post, but I have the same issue on my store. Anybody?

0 Likes