"This page doesn't have sections."

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0

Hello everyone,

I have a problem on my theme that is showing up without reasons on certain times.

When I go on "Customize theme" my Home Page says "This page doesn't have sections."

I thought I might have changed something wrong in my code so I came back on a backup I had, however I have the same problem. Sometimes without any reason due to the modifications in my code, I end up with this message.

I changed a simple image and ended up with that for no reason.

I checked on the forums and some guys are saying to add the {{content for index}} thing and that doesn't give me back my sections.

Another one said that was because an installed application changed his theme.liquid but I didn't install anything new.

I don't get where it could come from.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Tourist
5 1 0

Anyone ?

0 Likes

share me your store url 

Shopify theme developer and customization

I Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: ashiquehussaincodediary@gmail.com

0 Likes
Astronaut
1007 130 238

That is unusual, would you mind if I took a look at your store? I'll request access and see if I can replicate the behavior on a duplicated theme.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Tourist
5 1 0
Isn't it easier if I send you my exported theme file?
0 Likes
Astronaut
1007 130 238

It doesnt matter to me one way or the other, I already requested access though so all you have to do is push a button. I'll duplicate your theme and I won't touch your live theme. You can send me a personal message and I'll give you my email if you'd rather send me your theme instead of give me access.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Tourist
5 1 0
Send me your e-mail, I would rather send it there
0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
5 1 0

Found out what was the problem

While customizing a theme there is the "Sections" part and the "Theme parameters"

All of my theme settings are meant to be customized in the "Theme parameters"

For each of my saves where I thought I had a problem I just had to change on the "Theme parameters" to find back all my things that I can customize

Thanks retarded me for the solution to your own problem.

Hope this will help some other retarded.

0 Likes