Solved

"This page doesn't have sections."

AlexPP
Shopify Partner
12 1 1

Hello everyone,

I have a problem on my theme that is showing up without reasons on certain times.

When I go on "Customize theme" my Home Page says "This page doesn't have sections."

I thought I might have changed something wrong in my code so I came back on a backup I had, however I have the same problem. Sometimes without any reason due to the modifications in my code, I end up with this message.

I changed a simple image and ended up with that for no reason.

I checked on the forums and some guys are saying to add the {{content for index}} thing and that doesn't give me back my sections.

Another one said that was because an installed application changed his theme.liquid but I didn't install anything new.

I don't get where it could come from.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solution (1)
AlexPP
Shopify Partner
12 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Found out what was the problem

While customizing a theme there is the "Sections" part and the "Theme parameters"

All of my theme settings are meant to be customized in the "Theme parameters"

For each of my saves where I thought I had a problem I just had to change on the "Theme parameters" to find back all my things that I can customize

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)

AlexPP
Shopify Partner
12 1 1

Anyone ?

ashiqueh4
Shopify Partner
361 34 57

share me your store url 

Shopify ,Shopify plus and Shopify 2.0 theme developer and customization

I Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: ashiquehussaincodediary@gmail.com

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

That is unusual, would you mind if I took a look at your store? I'll request access and see if I can replicate the behavior on a duplicated theme.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
AlexPP
Shopify Partner
12 1 1
Isn't it easier if I send you my exported theme file?
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

It doesnt matter to me one way or the other, I already requested access though so all you have to do is push a button. I'll duplicate your theme and I won't touch your live theme. You can send me a personal message and I'll give you my email if you'd rather send me your theme instead of give me access.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
AlexPP
Shopify Partner
12 1 1
Send me your e-mail, I would rather send it there
AlexPP
Shopify Partner
12 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Found out what was the problem

While customizing a theme there is the "Sections" part and the "Theme parameters"

All of my theme settings are meant to be customized in the "Theme parameters"

For each of my saves where I thought I had a problem I just had to change on the "Theme parameters" to find back all my things that I can customize

danimose12
Visitor
3 0 0

Dear Alex, I'm struggling with the same problem - message, Could you please advise as were do I find "Theme parameters" ?

Kind Regards,

Daniela

skvhlm
Visitor
1 0 0

Got the same problem too.... Anyone got a solution? 

Garysu
Visitor
1 0 0

I have same problem, is there anyone can help? Please

giffen-good
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

For future reference - 

please don't leave an extremely vague solution, then refer to you or others as "retarded".

I've had this issue before. I resolved it by including

{{ content_for_index }}

in the templates/index.liquid file. This will allow the home page's customizer to make use of files within the sections folder of your Shopify theme.

AlexPP
Shopify Partner
12 1 1

This is the first time I've got a notification for this topic. I'm sorry for the three others who asked for help. I didn't know about that.

I didn't know either I have to prevent from insulting myself. Will ask you permission next time.

The solution I have isn't vague. It is exactly what was the solution to my problem.

There were two types of cause to this problem. The first one was to be in the wrong part of the customization menu (the solution I gave was for this case). The second one is what you said right here. Actually I didn't give this solution because that wasn't my problem and because that's the solution that was on all the other topics about this exact problem when I looked about it before posting. That's my bad, I should have joined both solutions on the topic (what I would have done if I had the notifications for the other replies before yours).

Thanks for adding it and taking part to the post, I appreciate that.

giffen-good
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

Sorry, I haven’t seen this until now.

to clarify: I’m not saying that you need my permission to insult yourself; my purpose for addressing you in my comment was to politely suggest that there is a certain etiquette within these types of forums and your conduct is somewhat inappropriate given that your solution wasn’t instructive to others perceiving that they had the same problem, you provided no additional clarification when asked, and you’re unnecessarily using this pejorative, which at a minimum is unhelpful and unproductive regardless of how you choose to direct it.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate everything you’re saying about the notifications settings and about the different problems/solutions. Just providing you with some simple feedback about how you can better engage in these professional settings. 

Chaps1
Visitor
1 0 1

Where would I need to drop {{ content_for_index }} within the file? 

swetajha
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Yes, Replace the  templates/index.liquid file code with the {{ content_for_index }}.

dev-sweta