"You can only add 1 variant at a time."

Jonas3
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello

I try to add an option with variants to a product.

I've already added 1 option with mutliple variants successfulle.

Whenever I try to add variants to a second option, I get this error: 

"You can only add 1 variant at a time. Please remove commas and try again."

How can we solve this problem?

Thank you.
Jonas

0 Likes
Liam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
639 16 229

Hi Jonas!

Liam here from Shopify - thank you for your question :)

Great to see you are looking to customise your products to have all the options you would like. Can I ask how many variants your product has in the first option group? It is possible that adding more than 2 variants in the second option set that you would be pushing the total variant amount above the 100 variants maximum. If so you will need to use an app like Product Options to exceed the 100 variants limit. There is more info on how Shopify works with variants here. 

Hope this helps Jonas, if you have any other questions, just let me know!

Cheers,
Liam

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Liam | Developer Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Michael_Steige1
2 0 1

Hi,

I have the same issue. Product has only 2 variants by now.

Best

Michael

Sara_Brinton
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

I am having the same issue. My product only has 6 variants. I am trying to add an option with 4 varients, so the product would have a total of 24. 

Unicornia8
Tourist
23 0 1

Someone helps?

0 Likes
Jakob_Fuchs
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Same problem here, great support lol.

But great to see all you guys are looking to customise your products to have all the options you would like.

0 Likes
Jakob_Fuchs
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

This seems to be the definitive anwser frome someone who seems to know what she's talking about: https://shopstorm.com/blog/shopify-variants-jungle/

0 Likes
Darkboneus
Tourist
3 0 6

Seriously, this is unacceptable.  You guys have had 3 years to fix this simple problem.  I just had to spend two hours recreating an existing listing so I could add one f'ing variant.  If you guys cannot get your act together, I'm just going to pay to have a site designed from scratch.  My old site, which I designed myself, never had these basic issues like Shopify.  Seriously, have any of your developers ever run a store, or even looked at a store and how it works?  This isn't some esoteric feature that we're asking for.  This is a BASIC feature.  I can't add a variant to an existing listing.  I can't have more than one f'ing package size, even though I sell products that range from the size of a postage stamp to a 20 lb unit.  I can't do combined shipping without it charging thrice the normal shipping rate.  I can't duplicate a shipping zone, so each new product requires that I manually enter all 180 countries into "zones".  I have called customer service about all of these, and the answer is "I'll forward this to the developers."  Bullshit.  The developers aren't solving any of these years old issues.  I'm through with shopify as soon as I can get a new site up and tested.  I cannot take the absolute disregard for basic needs, and the fact that the "developers" never solve anything, they just create more nuisances.  Sorry for the angry tone.  It's because I'm really angry at you.

flypitcher
Excursionist
12 1 4

Disgrace

Gabriel-marquez
2 0 0

This bugs seems to be there on purpose so we have no choice but to pay a third party app 

0 Likes