Solved

rearranging blog posts in a blog [BROOKLYN]

UBoi
Excursionist
15 0 11

Hello,

Is there a way to change the arrangement that the blog posts have by default? (from newest to the oldest) because some very useful blog posts get buried under less useful, but newer, ones...

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care team at Shopify. I'm more than happy to help you out with your inquiry.

There isn't an official way to rearrange blog posts, however, I have found a workaround that should work for what you're wanting. If you go into your Store Admin and click on Online Store > Blogs and go into the blog post that you want to show at the top then you can adjust the hidden and visible toggle on the right-hand side. If you 'Hide' the post and click 'Save' and then make the post 'Visible' again then it will show at the top of the page.

2019-10-ztag6-69hbb

2019-10-um716-d95cf

Unfortunatley that is the only way to reorganize your blogs officially. However, another option that you might want to take a look at would be the Related Blog Posts app. It's specially designed to boost reader engagement and boost SEO. It shows relative blogs to your viewers so that they can take a look at past posts that might be interesting to them. Have you looked into an app like this yet?

Those steps should help mitigate the issue that you're dealing with. If you have more questions please do let me know. I'm happy to help in any way that I can.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care team at Shopify. I'm more than happy to help you out with your inquiry.

There isn't an official way to rearrange blog posts, however, I have found a workaround that should work for what you're wanting. If you go into your Store Admin and click on Online Store > Blogs and go into the blog post that you want to show at the top then you can adjust the hidden and visible toggle on the right-hand side. If you 'Hide' the post and click 'Save' and then make the post 'Visible' again then it will show at the top of the page.

2019-10-ztag6-69hbb

2019-10-um716-d95cf

Unfortunatley that is the only way to reorganize your blogs officially. However, another option that you might want to take a look at would be the Related Blog Posts app. It's specially designed to boost reader engagement and boost SEO. It shows relative blogs to your viewers so that they can take a look at past posts that might be interesting to them. Have you looked into an app like this yet?

Those steps should help mitigate the issue that you're dealing with. If you have more questions please do let me know. I'm happy to help in any way that I can.

dhuratadavies
Tourist
5 0 9

AH, thank you! Such a simple solution to reset the visibility. Just what I needed. D

dhuratadavies
Tourist
5 0 9

...sorry, forgot to ask! Do you lose all the previous comments on that blog if you hide it than make it visible again? D

dhuratadavies
Tourist
5 0 9

Hah, don't worry answering, I've just tested this and for anyone else who might need an answer, no, you do not lose the old blog comments if you reset the publication date by hiding it, saving it, then making it visible again. This was very useful to know. Thank you again and I hope it helps others too. D

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Yes, you're exactly right! All comments will stay attached to a blog even if it's hidden. The only way they are removed is if they are manually deleted or if the blog is deleted. 

essparadoxes
Visitor
3 0 0

So, there's no way to sort them as we wish??? Can you explain why not please?

essparadoxes
Visitor
3 0 0

Also, changing them within the backend does not seem to be changing them on the frontend. I want to be in control of the order in which my clients see my blogs. I don't care how I see them. 😞

JoePichardo
Tourist
9 0 1

Hey UBoi, I've actually made an app to drag and drop blogs into the positions you would like. If you are still having trouble with sorting here's the link to the Shopify App: Article Organizer Pro

essparadoxes
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks, dude. But I feel like this should have been a given with Shopify, and I can't afford another paid app. Why on earth wouldn't they make it sortable??