rearranging blog posts in a blog [BROOKLYN]

Solved
Excursionist
15 0 2

Hello,

Is there a way to change the arrangement that the blog posts have by default? (from newest to the oldest) because some very useful blog posts get buried under less useful, but newer, ones...

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
596 40 85

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care team at Shopify. I'm more than happy to help you out with your inquiry.

There isn't an official way to rearrange blog posts, however, I have found a workaround that should work for what you're wanting. If you go into your Store Admin and click on Online Store > Blogs and go into the blog post that you want to show at the top then you can adjust the hidden and visible toggle on the right-hand side. If you 'Hide' the post and click 'Save' and then make the post 'Visible' again then it will show at the top of the page.

2019-10-ztag6-69hbb

2019-10-um716-d95cf

Unfortunatley that is the only way to reorganize your blogs officially. However, another option that you might want to take a look at would be the Related Blog Posts app. It's specially designed to boost reader engagement and boost SEO. It shows relative blogs to your viewers so that they can take a look at past posts that might be interesting to them. Have you looked into an app like this yet?

Those steps should help mitigate the issue that you're dealing with. If you have more questions please do let me know. I'm happy to help in any way that I can.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like