remove slideshow button on debut theme for desktop and mobile

SuchaNoob
7 0 0

HI tried a lot solution but still cant sort it out. I would like to remove the slideshow button both on desktop and mobile. For mobile version is it possible to remove the whole white background under the pictures so that they won't overlay. Can anyone help please.

all-organic-house.myshopify.com

g1140571@study.ouhk.edu.hk

螢幕快照 2021-01-24 上午11.00.00.png

螢幕快照 2021-01-24 上午11.00.16.png

0 Likes

I saw on the website, you already had the css like this 

.slideshow__arrows {
  height: 44px;
  padding: 5px;
  background-clip: content-box;
  background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
  color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5);
  transition: color 0.2s cubic-bezier(0.44, 0.13, 0.48, 0.87), background-color 0.2s cubic-bezier(0.44, 0.13, 0.48, 0.87);
  display: none;
  }

I think you just need to add !important to display: none, like

display: none !important;

Visit my Shopify Youtube channel to learn how to code your Shopify store and fix various coding issues on Shopify.(subscribe if you like it :)).
Glad to help out and wish your Shopify store great success.
0 Likes
WinkyApps
Explorer
50 13 12

Hi @SuchaNoob 

Welcome to Shopify community and thanks for posting this question. 

I have made the changes as requested and now the slideshow buttons should have disappeared on both mobile and desktop. Also the white background is removed.

Check and let me know if it is working as expected. Hope this helps.

Did my answer work for you? Please drop a Like and Mark it as Accepted.
If you need further help or want to get something custom built for your Shopify store, then feel free to mail our team on winkyapps18@gmail.com
Happy to help.
0 Likes
SuchaNoob
7 0 0

thank you very much! @WinkyApps 

but I changed my mind I would like to have it back but I want the background to be transparent

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Edit-debut-theme-slideshow-button-to-get-a-slick-caro...

exactly like this one, sorry for bothering again. Would be grateful if you can change it, thank you! 

0 Likes
WinkyApps
Explorer
50 13 12

The customisation similar to that example would require some work and I would suggest you to hire me or some Shopify expert to get that customised for your requirement.

For now, I will revert the changes for you if needed. Let me know if I can proceed and revert it like it was before.

If you need further help or want to get something custom built for your Shopify store, then feel free to mail our team on winkyapps18@gmail.com
Happy to help.
0 Likes
SuchaNoob
7 0 0

@WinkyApps 

hi thank you and yes please can you revert it like before appreciated

0 Likes
WinkyApps
Explorer
50 13 12

Hi @SuchaNoob 

The changes are reverted. Please check and confirm.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

WinkyApps Team

Happy to help.
0 Likes