remove the sale badge from Boundless theme

Tourist
7 0 1

How do I remove the sale badge from Boundless theme? Its a little brown triangle at the top right of the product images from the collection pages. I want to keep the mark down but no badge.

Here is my site: www.82and1.com

Thanks

1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
87 0 15

Hi Natalie,

Ana here, from the Shopify guru team! :)

To answer your question, that little brown triangle sale badge is built into your theme by default. However, there is a way to remove it, which would require going into the Boundless theme file. Here are the step-by-step instructions:

1. Open your theme editor. That's in Online Store -> Themes, then click the "..." icon in the top right corner, and select "Edit HTML/CSS". 
  2. On the left hand side, open the Snippets folder (you'll probably have to scroll a bit to find it), then open the file called product-grid-item.liquid.
  3. Next, scroll down to line 43. Here's what you should see in the Boundless theme: 
  4. All you need to do is cut the code in line 45, {% endcomment %}, so that it's now blank, then paste that code at the end of line 51, like so: 
  5. Then hit save. That's it!

Essentially what you're doing here is commenting out that sale "badge" code. Commenting code out is the same as removing it (everything within the comment/endcomment section isn't visible), except if you ever did want it back in, you can just remove the comments. Hope that helps! :) If you have any problems implementing this, give us a shout at support@shopify.com

Ana

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Ah! perfect! I never would have figured that out. Thanks so much!

0 Likes
1 0 0

That was super clear-thanks so much for your help!

0 Likes
2 0 0

super easy and helpful 

@Brenda1 wrote:

That was super clear-thanks so much for your help!

0 Likes