remove the store name from header brooklyn theme

cristyna
4 0 0

HI, I need to remove the name store from the header in Brooklyn theme and I looked online and try few things but it didn't work. I'm new in this and I try modifying the theme code but but I'm no expert so my result was {none} :(.

Can someone help me please!

0 Likes
gseilei
Shopify Expert
230 28 37

If you want we could have a deeper look for you. Just write us at info@webmefy.com and we would love to help you.

We help you achieve your Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com
0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 43 101

Hi, @cristyna!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I have a couple of recommendations before I go into how to remove the Store Name.

If you're building a store, having a brand identity is very important for long-term success and optimizing your sales, so I would highly recommend replacing the title name with a logo instead of just removing it completely.

I have a few GIFs below that show you how to do that, but first I'll list a couple of places you can create a logo if you haven't done so yet:

Once you have that, you can add it into your Brooklyn Theme using these instructions:

Add Logo to Header to replace Store Name

1. Go to Online Store > Themes

2. Click on Customize for the theme you want to edit

3. Click on the section on the left called Header

4. Follow one of the GIFs below depending on what you want to achieve and Save

Option 1: Logo on header for all pages

alt

Option 2: Logo only on homepage header

alt

Alternative: Code to remove the entire name and logo

If you feel comfortable with coding you can also hide the entire element from the header altogether. This would mean that you won't see a logo either.

I don't really recommend this, but if you're adding your brand logo and elements to other areas of your site, then this would be alright to do.

Here's how to hide it completely:

1. Go to Online Store > Themes

2. Click on Actions > Edit Code for the theme you want to edit

3. Open Assets > theme.scss.liquid

4. Scroll to the bottom of the whole list of code and paste the code below these instructions.

.site-header__logo {
  display: none;
}

5. Save

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

cristyna
4 0 0

HI Lilith,

Thank you so much for you suggestions. I know it's very important for a brand identity the title and the logo and I appreciate all the different solutions but actually I just wanted to remove it from the front page only. Is that possible? I have the logo written on the picture that will be on the top page so I find it's too much with that and the logo. 

Let me know what you think ( if you want I can send you a picture to see).

Thanks again

Cristina

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 43 101

Hey @cristyna!

Thanks for the reply!

There is a way to only hide it from the homepage. You'll follow the same steps in the "alternative code" section of my reply above, but you'll want to add a different code.

To clarify here are the steps again:

1. Go to Online Store > Themes

2. Click on Actions > Edit Code for the theme you want to edit

3. Open Assets > theme.scss.liquid

4. Scroll to the very bottom of the whole page and paste the code below in there.

.template-index .site-header__logo {
}

5. Save.

Let me know how it looks on your site.

I've tested it a few different times in the past year on my testing site with different Brooklyn theme versions and it does a clean job of hiding the logo/store name from the homepage and lets it show on all the other pages of the site.

alexmendes
1 0 0

Hello, I would like to do the opposite and make my logo reappear how to do it?

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 43 101

Hi, @alexmendes. This sounds like something you may get better help with by posting a new topic in one of the boards. The community might not see this post here.

That said, can you explain a bit more of what exactly happened for the logo to disappear in the first place and which theme and other details you can provide. The more details you give the community, the easier it is for you to get a reply and help.

0 Likes
oneaura
4 0 0

Hi i'm trying to remove "products" altogether. 

How do I go about that? 

Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 15.23.34.png

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 43 101

Hello, @oneaura. This could be out of the scope of my ability to support, however, I have some suggestions to help you get an answer.

I'd highly recommend posting this as a brand new topic on the design discussion board as this is a new question different from the original topic here. This way your question won't get hidden away in a thread and will be seen by a larger community by starting a new topic.

A couple of things that will help you receive answers to your new topic post sooner:

• Include a link to your storefront
  • Tell us the name of your theme and the version you're using
  • Mention if any code editing has been done to the page you're trying to get help with

0 Likes
Bduque
1 0 0

Hi Lilith!

I attempted to use your code 

.template-index .site-header__logo {
}

But it actually adds a new header to my homepage with just the logo and it ends up hiding the cart/products buttons. Is there a way to completely remove the header from the home page and possibly put it in the footer instead? but I would like for the logo to appear on all other pages

0 Likes