restore previous code before mistaken error

1 0 1

I feel like such an idiot. I was trying to edit the code (which I know nothing about) by following another answer to the same query, to add an option for a clickable email address.

From a previous query, I copied as per below:

https://pagefly.io 129 0 23 Hi, Just simple, you can refer the code below Send me an email I hope this help. <a href="mailto:yourmail@domain.com">Send me an email</a>

I pasted this somewhere and now my whole website has crashed and no pages will show.

I desperately need to restore the previous version before this change as all i was trying to do was make the email address loaded to automatically click through to email for client with our email address inserted. I obviously pasted this in the whole place (not even sure where and don't know what to do or find the previous version or versions)

Please help desperate and panicked.

I still would like the email to be clickable to but at the moment no pages are showing at all

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
604 59 76

Hey, @Accessorrun.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out!

Sorry to hear that there's a problem with your theme. Typically, our Theme editor is able to indicate any coding errors when you save; however, in some instances, an incomplete code can crash and wipe the theme's coding. That being said, it is possible to revert the theme's coding to an older saved version, but if you don't remember where you've made the changes then this may be more difficult.

Here's what the function looks like to revert your theme to an older version:

03-12-1k3kc-uztuh

If you're using a Shopify-supported theme and your store is subscribed to a plan, we can check with our Theme Support team to see if it's possible to revert the theme. Though I can't guarantee that the theme can be reverted successfully, they can definitely help with adding an email link to you storefront. 

With that said, I was able to locate your store and I've sent an authentication email to the registered email we have on file. Please check your inbox/spam folders in the account owner's email and reply to it. Simply let me know if you still need assistance with this as well as where you'd like the email link to be on your store. After that, I'd be happy to loop in our Theme Support!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes