search for a product based on the metafield value

Ma_Webminister
2 0 0

I'm wondering if there's a way to search for a product based on the metafield value.

I've 3 dropdowns, i.e. Year/Make/Model.

I have 3 metafields also, i.e. inventory.year, inventory.make & inventory.model (inventory is NAMESPACE & year, make, model are KEY).

I need to search for products based on these 3 metafields. Thanks

0 Likes
Shauna_M
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
99 0 5

Hi there!

There isn't a funcionality to search directly based on metafields yet.

What could work, is to add the meafields as product tags, and filter the products/collections this way. You can read more about it here- https://docs.shopify.com/manual/configuration/store-customization/page-specific/collections/filter-a...

Hope this helps!

Shauna

0 Likes
RE_CYCLE
2 0 3

Given the extremely limited scope of shopify's "core" fields, and how many people must use metafields for product specifics, it seems this functionality ought to be a top priority (as in "yesterday") for shopify...

Nancy_Drake
Trailblazer
137 8 14

Hi there, 

For anyone who comes across this post, I've found a solution for searching products in Shopify based on Metafield values. Ultimate Search and Filter allows merchants to add Metafiled to the search field with simple set up in the admin dashboard. Check it out.

IMG-101.png

0 Likes
barbasa
2 0 3

Is it still not possible searching based on metafileds?

Is it a feature that will ever be considered to be added in the core? 

Compatio
1 0 1

I am still looking for the solution. all the links or documents mainly talk about "how one can display metafield on theme" when one is already on a product page.

Isn't there a functionality  ( either using Graphql query or storefront API ) to directly search a variant based on some query. This is quite surprising that even after many people struggling with this. It is not added in shopify

barbasa
2 0 3

Can we get some pointers and some updates from somebody in the shopify staff?

Seems like this forum is pretty much left to its destiny without any moderation!