show variants on collection page

3 0 0

Hi guys,

maybe you can help me with my specific problem. 

I have articles with many variants and i want to show all those variants on the collection page.

Like not just the whole poster collection but every poster for its own. 

I´ve googled a lot but could not find the correct code changes. 

Can u help me  iIam using the debut theme.

thank you

regards, 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
579 37 55

Hi, Pierre!

Ted here form Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. :-) 

Could you show us an example of the layout you are looking for? There might be another site that has the same feature or would you be able to show us a screenshot? We're happy to take a look. 

Feel free to reach out to our Support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via Facebook, Twitter, chats, emails and phone. 

Thanks a mill,
Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi ted,

thanks for your reply .

I found this example: http://to-foundation.myshopify.com/collections/bolsos-stk 

As you can see the show all the color options of the bag on collection page.

But its not an extra article for every color because I can still switch between the colors on the article page. Thats exactly how I want it to work.

I want to show every poster as a own product on collection but user should be able to see all varants of at the detail view.

Do u know what I am talking about ?

thank you so much for your help.

regards,

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
579 37 55

Hi, Pierre!

Thanks a mill for that example and the extra context. :-) 

So you are hoping to add variants within the collection templates that will look like separate products, however, they will always remain connected to the primary product page. That sounds like a great idea, especially as the customer could easily see all of your product options on the one collection (rather than having to click into the product itself to see the variant).  

At the moment, this is not a customization we would be able to support here at Shopify. Instead though, I have found a great forum post here which seems to outline what you are hoping to add. If you are unfamiliar with code, an Expert or a service such as Carson would be able to add this for you for a one time fee. As well, you have posted this within our Shopify Design Forum which is where fellow Experts, merchants and developers hang out. They might be able to pop in and advise you with some extra info for sure. 

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know, we're happy to help!

Thanks a mill! 
Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 2

As this by any chance become an available feature?

I'm using Brooklyn and my goal is to list on the page not just the one item but list all the differet variants (colors) like the site mentioned above http://www.to-products.com/collections/bolsos-stk

Cheers in advance!!

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi,

It's an old thread but probably many merchants are still asking the same question about listing product variants on collection pages. We have recently developed an app which allows to list variants as separate products on collection pages. Here is a link: https://apps.shopify.com/show-variants-on-collection-page . With the app you can automatically show all available variants or select variants to be displayed per collection.

Here is a link to our demo store if you would like to see the app in action.

0 Likes
Excursionist
11 0 5

no need to waste $30/m on @gravitysoftware  rent-seeking software, just use this code: https://dylanjh.com/blogs/19-show-all-products-as-separate-variants-on-the-collection-page-of-the-de... I personally just added the code to the end of my product-card-grid.liquid file without any other steps and it worked fine. Depending on the theme version ymmv

0 Likes