sign-up pop up window conflicting with theme's built in code

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi guys, 

Wanted to see if any of you ran into the same issue that I have. 

I am using the boundless theme and was trying to insert the code I got from mailchimp so I can start using a newsletter sign-up pop up on my home page. 

When I insert the code at the end of the theme.liquid or the index.liquid, the pop up shows up, but it cancels out my main header image on the homepage. I just see the pop up and a grey background where my header image should be. 

Reached out to support but unfortunately they couldn't help either. 

Has any of you guys had the same problem? If yes, is there a solution? 

Thanks in advance,

Mate

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 0 13

Hello,

Christine here from the Shopify Guru team - thanks for reaching out!

If you are using a Shopify theme (which Boundless is a Shopify theme) along with an app that is available in the Shopify app store the pop up should work.

I took a look at your storefront but was not able to see what you meant by "it cancels out my main header image on the homepage. I just see the pop-up and a gray background where my header image should be." Are you able to provide a screenshot by chance, we would be happy to take a closer look for you :). 

Let us know if you need anything else. We are just a click away!

Cheers,
Christine 
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, 

I have the same issue here. The pop-up shows up but my header image on the homepage is now all grey. 

How can I fix that?

Please help. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

After talking to support a few times, looks like there is something going on with the MailChimp code that makes it not compatible. 

In the meantime, I started using Leadin (Hubspot) to have a custom pop up window and it works on my website. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I also use mail-chimp and was wondering how to get the pop up window signup form on my shopify.

Is Leadin (Hubspot) compatible with mailchimp?

0 Likes